Chapter 41

I think i dozed of because when i open my eyes again it's dark night. I look around and see all my friends and jackson sleeping around me. I yawn a little bit and then walk up to a nurse. "Do you know how Tris Pedrads operation is going?" "No. I'm sorry. But i think there will be a doctor from the O.R. who will inform you soon." "Ok thanks. Another question where can i get a coffee?" She laughs slightly "over there is a shop." "Ok thanks." She nods and i walk in the direction she showed me and sure enough i reach the small shop. "Hello i'd like a black coffee please." "Of course." He walks to the machine and presses some buttons. The machine starts to work and a minute later i have a hot coffee in my hands. I give him two points and walk back to my friends. I slowly drink my coffee and wait for a doctor to come. Zeke next to me stirs and then opens his eyes. "Hey man." He whispers. "Hey." I answer. "You have any news?" "No. I'm waiting for some." He nods and asks: "is that coffee?" I nod. "Where can i get some?" "Over there is a store. It's only two points." "Alright. I'll be back in a minute." With that he walks around the corner. I sink back into my chair amd enjoy the silence. 'It's rare that i'm with my friends and it's silent'. I think smiling. I try to not think to much about Tris although i'm worried sick. Everything inside me screams for her.
When Zeke comes back we just sit next to each other, listening to the breaths of the others. After half an hour the door opens and a doctor steps out. "Anyone for Tris pedrad?" We jump up immediatly and quickly walk to her. "Hello. My name is doctor Smith." The man says. "Hello. I'm Four." "And i'm Zeke." "So i sugest you are here for Tris Pedrad?" "Yes." I simply state. "Ok so she still is in surgery but we think it won't take longer then one more hour. Her injuries were really bad exspecially the shot in the stomach. The wounds at her back just needed to be bandaged but her left arm is broken so we will have to correct that in another operation." "Will she survive?" I interupt him. "Well she gaves us quiete a scare a few times but right now she is stable and they just need to finish the operation." "What do you mean with 'quiet a scare'?" Zeke asks annoyed. "Well her heart stopped beating but always only for a few seconds. She's a fighter." "Yes she is." I say on the verge of tears. Doctor Smith nods and smiles a little bit. "I have to go back again. I'll tell you when the operation is over." "Ok but if we are not there or something just wake our friends." I say while pointing to the group of dauntless. "I will." He says and then turns around and leaves.
An hour later i am shaken awake by someone. "Four wake up! Tris is out of surgery!" I blink and realise that all my friends surround me. Zeke hands me a coffee and i gladly execpt it. "Come on Four. She is out of surgery." I jump up and follow the nurse. First we go into an elevator. Oh no! All my friends squeeze into it and i start to sweat. I just close my eyes and luckily the ride is over a few seconds later. I basicly run out and then wait for the nurse again. She walks to room 157 and enters. I take a deep breath before following her. And there she is: my beautiful Tris. I never knew you could love someone like that. My heart crunches at the sight of her. She has multiple tubes in her small body and her skin is deadly pale. Zeke and uriah stand on her right and i place myself on her left. The others just stand around her. I take her hand in mine and gently stroke it with my thumb. Uriah and Zeke do the same.
Like this i fall asleep on a chair again but this time my hand interwined with triss'.