Chapter 51

Tris pov:
I wake up with a pounding head and the part of my face that tobias punched yesterday hurts a lot. I slowly stand up and stumble to the mirror. I look at myself and gasp. Nearly the whole right side of my face ist blue-lila. Tobias can't see that! I immediatly decide. He will be upset and it is not his fault. I start to search for something to cover my side of the face when someone knocks at the door. "Tris, are you in there?" I hear Tobys concerned voice. shit! Find something fast! "Yeah i am!" "Could you open the door?" "Ehm wait a moment." "What is it. I don't remember anything! What happend?" He asks through the door but i don't respond. "Tris? Please just open or i will break it open! Please tris i start to get worried!" I still search something to cover it up but i finally realise that not even make up would cover up and i sigh. I unlock the door and then sit on the chair in the corner and put my hair above my right side of the face. He comes in hestiantly looks around and than spots me. He comes over to me and kneels infront of me. "Hey what is it? Why did you lock yourself in here?" He lifts his hand and before i can stop him he puches my hair behind my ear and reveals my right face side. He gasps. "Who did that?" He chokes out. I look on the floor. "Tris tell me!" He insist and i shortly look into his eyes and apparently my look was enough because he backs off and says: "no it wasn't me" I know he is desperate for me to tell him it wasnt him but i can't lie to him. "Tris please tell it wasnt me." And again only one look in his concerned and shocked looking stormy blue eyes is enough as an answer. He walks backwards, away from me. "Tobias please. I know you didn't do it on purpose! You were drunk!" I say pleading at him. "That is not an excuse! I am just like him! I hurt you." He stutters. "no you are not! It was an accident!" "Tell me what i did!" "No i can't do that to you!" I refuse. "Tris please! I have to know! If you don't let me know it will make it worse!" He pleads. I nod my head and lead him to the livingroom. We sit down opposite from eachother. "What is the last thing you remember?" I ask carefully. "I remember us scaring away a boy and then we danced a long time and than i took shots and till than everything is gone..." his voice trails off and i notice he can't look me in the face without wincing. "Well after the shots we walked back to our friends and danced, talked and you drinked more.
At two am i shoved everyone out of Zekes aprtment and tucked in my brothers and their girlfriends. Chris Will and Lynn could walk home alone. Than we walked home as well. When we arrived you said you wanted to have... well sex but i refused and you got angry." He winces and i stop. "No Tobias! I can't do that! I don't want to hurt you." "But i want to know. Please tris, just tell me what i did." "But why? What sense does it make for you to go through such pain?" "Because i want to feel that pain! Because that pain makes me realise i'm not like my father and that i didn't punched you out of fun!" "Well ok," i give in, "so you got angry and shoved me against the wall but i ducked. But than you started shouting that i didn't love you and things like that."
Tobias pov:
My heart crunches everytime i look at Tris! Half of her face is swollen and blue, she can barely open her right eye but still insist on this beeing not my fault, but it is. I try to focus on Tris explanation again "well after you said those things you pushed me against the wall again and started to kiss me. When i refused again you punched me in the face." I wince why did i do that? I love her so much and i did such horrible things to her. I don't deserve her. I hate myself for what i did. "But i kneed you in your 'area' and locked myself in the bedroom." I feel a few tears slip down my cheek. "Listen Toby. Please just look at me you make me feel like i look ugly or something." I immeditaly look up she is not ugly, she is beautiful! But i am ugly. I look her in the eye and she stands up and sits down on my lap. "Tobias Eaton, i know you didn't do it on purpose and i know you love me and i love you too. I want to marry you and have a family with you." She gently whipes away the tears that are silently rolling out of my eyes. I grab her left hand and she winces and quickly hides it behind her back. "What didn't you tell me? Tris please show me!" "I forgot. You might have grabed me a little to harsh on my wrist but it barely hurts." I gently pull her left arm closer to me and lift her jacket a little bit. I look at her wrist in shock. 'a little to harsh doesn't describe it at all!' Her wrist is blue-green and you can even see parts of my handprint. I wince and she looks at me lovingly. "It's alright. i love you." She says and kisses me. I kiss back, carefull not to hurt her. My heart still feels like someone riped it out, beat it up with a bat and replaced it. When we pull away she smiles slightly, "see? wasn't that bad to kiss me, was it?" "No of course not" i answer. Suddenly Tris gets up and runs inside the bathroom. I quickly follow her and when she leans over the toilet to throw up i hold back her hair and gently rub her back. After a few minutes she lifts her head again and than brushes her teeth. "Could you get Mar and Chris??" She asks me. I nod eagerly but then stop dead in my tracks. "What are we going to tell her abiut your face?" I bite on my lip and blush. I am a horrible person. Now she even has to lie to her friends! "Mh well i'll just tell them i fell really stupid!" She answers my questipn. I nod and kiss her saying: "i'm so sorry tris i love you." She smiles a bit.
10 minutes later i'm back with Chris on my heels. Mar still was asleep because she has a bad hangover. When we arrive the girls shut themselfs in the bathroom.
Tris pov:
I told Chris yesterday to bring a pregnancy test when i ask Tobias to get her and she did. She turns around and i pee on the little thing. "Ok it says we have to wait 10 minutes." Chris says. "Ok how about we let to-four get us some breakfast?" I suggest, nearly giving away his real name. She raises and eyebrow but doesn't comment it further. We step outside again with the test hiden in my back pocket. "Four, could you get us some breakfast?" I ask him sweetly. "Sure." He shrugs and then walks out. Just when he shuts the door Chris suddenly asks furious: "why did he punch you?" I look at her in shock. "What? Why?" "Oh come on, stop pretending! I'm an ex-candor and other people might believe that story you told me, but not me! So tell why he did it." I sigh "well he was really drunk yesterday and he wanted to have sex and when i refused he punched me. But i already had my revenge, i kneed him in his 'area'." She looks at me in shock "you call that revenge? Half of your face is blue and swollen and you just forgive him?" "You don't understand that! It's an uneasy topic for him!" I explain and she rolls her eyes "if he ever does that again come to me! Okay, promise me!" "I promise i will come to you if he punches me again, what is not going to happen!" "Okay good. And now look at the result!" She comands and i nod. I totally forgot about that. I pull it out of my pocket a plus means you are pregnant and a minus that you are not. I don't know what to hope for. I look at it and gasp it showes a small plus sign...

Uhhh cliffhanger! I will continue writing on the weekend.
How will Tobias react to a pregnancy?
Hope you liked it ;)

Jojo