Chapter 28

(The last thing i hear before everything fades into darkness is Toby saying: "Be brave!")
I wake up on a field. The landscape is weird. The sky is a strange orange colour and the grass is yellowish. When i look in the sky again i see a dark cloud. But when i lool again i see that it's not a cloud. Birds! Then i feel a bird landing on my shoulder pressing its claws in my flesh. I punch it but it doesn't help. Then suddenly i'm surrounded by birds and they are all picking at my flesh. I fall to the floor and scream while burring my head under my arms.
Tobias POV:
She screams and it's such a desperate scream and i just want to wake her up and tell her that everything is alright. She crawls through the grass and suddenly finds a gun. She takes it and shoots at the birds. Then seconds later she wakes up with a jolt. She breaths heavy and burrys her head in her hands. I lay my hand on her shoulder but she punches it away. Oww i don't think she knowes how hard she can punch. "Tris it's alright. It's over. It was just a simulation" She just nods and i walk infront of her. I make her stand up and hug her tightly. She still sobs a little bit. "I'm pathetic." She says "i'm such a coward." "No tris. Everyone is like this after the first time." "And then you hug everyone?" She screeches fake angry. I laugh and kiss her. "No i just hug you because i love you." "I love you too." She says before burrying her head in my chest once more. After a minute i say: "tris i would like to stay like this but i still have to do the simulation with Peter. "Ugh stupid peter. Someone just puch him in the chasm." I laugh. And she lets go. "Alright i'll go to your apartment."
Tris POV:
I walk back to Tobys apartment. When i'm infront of it i want to open the door but its locked. "Ugh!" I say while slyding down on the wall opposite of his apartment. I'll just have to wait. I rest my head on my knees and close my eyes.
Tobias POV:
After Peters simulation i go to the cafeteria to get myself a piece of cake. When i sit down at the table next to zeke: "hey four. Where is tris?" Then it hits me. "Shit Tris!" I mumble and immediatly jump up. Then i just jog out of the cafeteria leaving a confused zeke. I run to my apartment and burst through the door. "Tris?" I ask in the room. When no one answers i go in the bedroom, no tris. And the bathroom is empty as well. She must have gone back to the dormitorys. Just to check i walk out and then i see her. Leaning against the wall opposite, sleeping. I laugh quietly and then pick her up carefully. I carry her inside and close the door with my foot. I lay her on the bed and want to leave but she holds me back by the hem of my shirt. I laugh and kick of my shoes before laying next to her. She instantly cuddels to my chest and i smile and kiss the top of her head. "Sleep well trissy. I love you." I say gently and she mumbles something back that sounds a little bit like: love you too. I smile and close my eyes.
When i'm finally drifting to sleep someone bursts through the door. I open my eyes and see Zeke and Uriah. "Here you are. You know where Tris... ohh sorry." Uriah says the last part quiete. "Yes i know where tris is." I whisper. Uriah says: "ok. Let's go. We don't want to wake trissy." "To late." Tris grunts in my chest. "Sorry. We're going to go then." Uriah says and pulls zeke with him who glared during the whole conversation at me. When they shutted the door tris asks: "do you think they're doing it on purpose? Always disturbing?" "I don't think so. They are just a little bit overprotectiv." "A little bit..." tris responds sarcasticly. I smile and asks: "you still want to sleep?" "No. Lets grab some cake." "Of course, i'm always on if there is cake." I respond laughing.
Tris POV:
We walk down to the cafeteria with interwined hands. Suddenly i get thrown over a shoulder of someone and i instantly recognise him as Al. I laugh. "Put me down Al!" I command still laughing. "Nope can't do." Al says. I look at Tobias who glares at Al the whole time. "Al come on!" I say and he finally puts me down. "Thanks." I say while walking over to toby. I kiss him on the cheek and take his hand. He smiles a little bit and we continue our way with Al next to us. When we arrive at the cafeteria Toby goes to get me and him some cake. Al sits down on my right side and when toby comes back he sits on my left side. I thank him for bringing me cake and then eat it. After 16 years in dauntless i still love this cake. Toby laughs about my expression and i stick out my tongue at him. After our little snack we go back to tobys apartment. Al leaves us half way and walks back to the dormitorys. When we arrive at tobys apartment i change into one of his boxers and one of his shirts. He just laughs and shakes his head about me.