Prologue

Prologue (In Isabella's point of view)

Have you ever felt like you were trapped in the shadow of your past?

Have you ever felt like you wanted to, not only run away from everyone around you, but also from yourself? 

Has the past ever suffocated you and made it nearly impossible for you to breathe?

If you've ever felt that way then you can understand where I'm coming from, but if you haven't then you cannot even begin to conceive it. 

The truth is, that's how I felt before I met him. Before he taught me what it meant to be brave, to face my fears and to never, not even  for one second, give up on life.

Give up on love. 

The world is big but he showed me that his heart for me is bigger. Even though we didn't have the most ideal relationship, it stil felt like a story out of a Fairy Tale book. 

Now, let's be relastic shall we? 

Fairy Tales don't exist. They never have and they never will. Not everyone gets their happily ever after. 

But the thing is, happiness is relative. I would love to spare you the philosophical lecture, but let me just say this:

everyone perceives happiness in a different way. To me, happiness is being totally at peace with myself and surrounded by people I love.

And that's what I got in the end. So yes, I was happy and yes, I got my happily ever after.

Before I met him I wanted so much to forget every bad thing that happened to me. I wished that I could just take back time, erase and rewind. I would have given anything to prevent certain mistakes from happening.

But now I am so thankful for those mistakes.

They were beautiful mistakes and I don't regret them, not for one second, not in the slightest. After all, those mistakes led me to him. They led me to my prince charming and without him I would still be drowning in my desire to forget.

But I don't want to forget anymore.  No, I want to remember.