Chapter Twelve

"Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend."

Zayn Malik walked back to his dorm room in a daze.

He had just spent three whole hours with Isabella yet he missed her the moment they were seperated.

As he walked down the corridor, he remembered the way she had smiled shyly as he had held onto her waist while they danced or how gently she had swayed in his arms.

He still couldn't believe it until now that he had been so close to Bella and been able to control himself. Zayn flung the door open and walked in, closing it carefully behind him.

He looked up to be met by a pair of emerald green eyes he saw at least five times a day.

"Hey Hazza" Zayn greeted his best friend as he walked into the dorm and threw his book bag and blazer onto his bed.

Harry snapped his head up the moment he heard how weird Zayn's voice sounded.

"What's wrong with your voice?" he asked suspicously.

Zayn shrugged his broad shoulders and plopped down on the bed.

"And why are you smiling so widely?" Harry demanded as he stood up from his own bed and made his way towards Zayn.

Zayn sighed heavily, debating whether or not he should tell Harry about Isabella and how she made him feel.

On one side, it would feel great to get everything off his chest and be able to voice his thoughts about Bella but on the other side, he didn't know how understanding Harry would be of the fact that he was into Bella.

Deciding that Harry was his best friend first, he went with his gut and opened his mouth to tell his friend everything; from the moment he laid eyes on Bella during the assembly to the moment he saw her figure disappearing in the crowd not five minutes ago.

"Well, you remember Isabella right? The new girl who's rooming with Kathy, Melany and Lisa..." Zayn began receiving a nod to continue from Harry.

"Well I guess I kind of... I don't know... I think I like her" Zayn tried to explain.

Harry nodded in understanding.

"Okay so you've got a crush on her, then" he said but Zayn shook his head violently.

"No it's not a crush. I think I'm really into her, Harry. She's all I ever think about and I can never get her out of my mind. I feel empty when I'm not around her and whenever she smiles I feel like I'm on top of the world"

Zayn was smiling goofily as he stared into space, pouring out his heart and soul to Harry.

"I think you're right. I think you really like her Zayn... is that why you've been acting all smiley and giggly?" Harry asked with a smirk.

Zayn glared at him before nodding.

"Yeah. She's in my art class and we're paired up to work together on this huge project. I just spent three straight hours with her and I seriously miss her. I think something's wrong with me, Harry"

Zayn rubbed the back of his neck as he gazed at the ceiling.

"Nothing's wrong with you, Zaynie. I think the both of you make a cute couple, by the way. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here for you, yeah?" Harry patted Zayn's back before returning to his bed.

"Thanks Haz" Zayn smiled before he kicked his shoes off and loosened his tie.

Harry turned to him and gave him one of his signature cheeky grins, his dimples indenting in each of his porcelain cheeks.

"Isabella, huh? You know I love brunettes" he dropped his left eye in a wink as he looked at his raven haired best friend.

Zayn sat up so fast in bed his vision blurred for a moment and his head felt heavy before he regained his composure.

"Don't. Even. Think. About. It" he said as his eyes narrowed into slits, his jealous and possessive streaks showing.

Harry shook his head causing his chocolate brown curls to bounce around him as he laughed.

"God, Zaynie. You really do like her" He said as he wiped the tears of laughter that had gathered in his eyes. Even though he was laughing, a part of him was serious. He really did love brunettes.

Author's Note:

UH OH!

Zella?

Hella?

Barry?

Bayne?