Chapter Thirty Nine

“Good enough is good enough. Perfect will make you a big fat mess every time.” 

The news of Louis romantic gesture was the topic of discussion for the following days.

 That was until Thursday rolled around the corner and everyone was caught up with the art exhibition that was to take place the next day.

No one was more caught up with the whole affair than Isabella herself who had spent the last few days practically sleeping, eating and studying at the studio.

She spent all her free time there, perfecting her masterpiece and helping Mrs. Potter with decorating the Assembly hall for the exhibition.

Everyone was running around trying to get everything done, even the easy going Zayn barely got any shut eye on Thursday night as he lay in his bed staring at the ceiling.

Ed Sheeran's angelic voice could be heard from Harry's headphones as he typed on his MacBook Air.

"Zayn?" Harry asked in a happy voice before he yanked off his headphones.

Zayn propped himself on his elbow as he turned to face his curly haired friend.

"What's up?" Zayn asked happy that his friend would be taking his mind off the stress from tomorrow.

But hey, at least all the classes for the day would be cancelled.

"Tyler's throwing a house party tomorrow night, wanna go?" he asked his raven haired best friend.

Zayn considered it for a moment. He had planned on spending the weekend with Isabella and there was no way he was taking her to that horndog Tyler's house where people would be getting drunk and high.

"Nah." Zayn shook his head, a bitter taste in his mouth as he picture Bella... his Bella at that party.

Even with him around, it was dangerous and he wouldn't let that happen.

"Offer's still standing, mate" Harry said before he continued to typing.

"Tyler asked me to invite you. He said he missed seeing you and having you around... maybe you could just drop by for one drink" Harry suggested as he looked over at his best friend.

Zayn shrugged his shoulders. Tyler was an old but somewhat good friend.

"Maybe" he said as he moved back to laying on his back and staring at the ceiling. 

________________________________________

Isabella glanced down at her watch as she hung another painting on a white washed wall in the assembly hall.

She glanced around and saw Mrs. Potter's fluffy blonde hair piled on top of her head in a messy bun.

"Mrs. Potter, I'm done with this wall" Isabella informed her sweet teacher as she moved towards her.

"Oh fanstastic, love!" the teacher chirped happily as she turned around and inspected her student's impeccable styling skills.

"Oh wonderful! Well all that's left is hanging up your class's paintings but that won't be done till tomorrow so we're all done here"

she said as she dusted off her long high low coral skirt and adjusted her collarless white shirt. She really did have one hell of a fashion sense.

"Thank  you so much for sticking around to help me, Bella. You're such a sweet heart" she said as she gave her sweet student a tight hug.

"I'm thinking your painting will be right over there" she informed Bella as she pointed to a spot behind the wide assmebly stage.

"Oh, but then everyone will be able to see it" Bella mumbled to herself feeling the butterflies of anxiety flutter in her stomach.

"That's the point. Your painting is one of the very few which I really loved." Mrs. Potter said happily as she looked over at her shy student.

"It's quite obvious you're passionate about it... and about him" she added with a sly grin.

Bella grew even more red as she understood what her teacher was playing at.

"Is it that obvious?" Bella asked with a weak smile as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well yes but only because I have an eye for passion. My husband and I fell in love through art, too. I was in Paris studying at a famous art school and he was there. It would be silly to describe it as love at first sight but really there's nothing else to call it. We fell helplessly and desperately in love"

she explained as she fondly remembered her memories of the first time she had laid eyes on her husband.

Bella smiled as her teacher shared a quite personal piece of information with her. Her love life sounded like something out of the romance novels Kathy was always reading.

"I can see he feels the same way about you, too. Keep this in mind though Bella, men might make mistakes that break our hearts but we should remember that everyone deserves a second chance. Don't give up on the one you love because once you find that person you should make sure they never leave your life"

Mrs. Potter said as she fingered her Indian bangles.

"Here's my number if you ever feel like talking about the crazy things they do"

She laughed lightly to lighten up the mood before she scribbled down her number on a tiny piece of paper and handed it of to her student.

"Thank you Mrs. Potter... for everything" Bella said as she folded the vital piece of paper and slipped it into her back pocket for safe keeping.

"Oh hush! Now, we better get some rest. We've got a big day ahead of us."