Chapter Thirty Three

"Tell me what you want to hear

Something that were like those years

I'm sick of all the insincere

So I'm gonna give all my secrets away"

Zayn Malik glanced over at Isabella who had her head on the cold car window.

He clutched the steering wheel tighter as he remembered how hard she shook when he held her and comforted her after that painful phone call.

She hadn't spoken or clarified anything about the vague conversation he heard on her part.

Naturally, he was aching to know what the hell was going on, but seeing how it had upset her so much, he refrained from asking.

He was about to turn on the radio to lighten up the mood when she spoke. 

"He's the reason why I don't let myself enjoy things too much" she spoke.

Her voice was raw and raspy from all the crying. Zayn stilled as he absorbed what she was doing. She was actually speaking to him, confronting him.She turned around to face him, sniffling softly before she swallowed.

"Remember when you asked me what happened in the studio? I didn't tell you then because I didn't know how you would take it." she bit her lip and slowly turned away so that she was staring at the unwinding road.

Zayn gupled in realization that she was about to tell him her biggest secret. More importantly, he was going to understand why she was so broken.

He clutched the steering wheel even harder in anticipation and pulled over to the side of the street so she would have his undivided attention.

He turned off the ignition and undid his seatbelt, turning to face her. He grasped her small hands in his bigger ones and squeezed them, reassuring her that no matter what she was about to say, it would never change the way Zayn felt towards her.

"During the summer, my dad and his firm were trying to land a business deal with this really important business man. Apparently, it was the most important deal of my dad's career. So my dad threw this huge dinner party at a country club and he invited the guy. My dad never mentioned he had a son who happened to be around my age. His name was Aaron and he was really nice at first. We had hung out at the dinner party, he told me how much he hated his dad and how manipulative he could be. He made jokes that made me laugh and we talked about everything. At the end of the night, he asked me out.  I was thrilled because he seemed perfect."

she paused and took a deep breath, her heart slowly breaking as she remembered and recieted every detail. Zayn wiped away a tear that had made its way down her cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"The date was great. He told me everything I wanted to hear, he complimented me, treated me well... Let's just say I was on cloud nine. We started hanging out more often and after a month of exclusive dating he asked me to be his girlfriend. He even gave me a necklace which I never even took off" She laughed bitterly to herself and then frowned.

"One day, I was coming round his house and I saw him.... with another girl... they were making out in his car. I was so mad and confused. I fellt so silly for believing all those things he'd said to me. I tossed the necklace at his windshield and he looked up and saw me. Then I just ran away"

She cleared her throat which felt heavy with unshed tears. Zayn hugged her tightly and rocked her back and forth, kissing her temple every once in a while.

"It get's worse. That same weekend my dad was having a get together at the club and Aaron and his dad were there..."

FLASHBACK