Chapter Fourteen

"Time heals all wounds" 

Zayn Malik was busy scanning the common room for Isabella's familiar wavy ligt brown hair.

After he had waited for fifteen minutes, he considered the fact that she might have blown him off.

Standing up from the comfort of his seat, he spotted those silver pools that had become engraved in his memory since day one.

Instantly, relief flooded through him as he settled back down in his seat. She made her way towards him smiling that priceless smile of hers.

"Hey" she greeted him with a quick hug.

He reacted by patting her back and smiling.

"Hey. I thought you had blown me off or something" he confessed with a frown.

Isabella eyed him weirdly.

"Why would you think that?" she asked as she placed her bookbag beside her.

"I don't know because you were a bit late..." the moment the words left his mouth he realized how ridiculous he was being. 

Zayn, just calm down. She's here now and that's all that matters. He thought to himself.

She shrugged her slender shoulders before pulling out her notepad and pencil.

"I was talking to Kathy. She and Niall are really cute, don't you think?"

Isabella asked with a sweet smile. Zayn nodded.

"Yeah they really are. Niall's been fantasizing about her for the past two years now" he told her.

"So I've heard... what I want to know, though, is what made him appraoch her all of a sudden" she said softly.

Zayn's eyes twinkled feeling like he was responsible for giving Nialler the motivation he needed to make Kathy his.

"Oh I may have given him some advice" he said mysteriously.

"Seems like some good advice..." she mumbled under her breath.

Zayn caught her gaze and held it for a moment before smiling.

"It is. Maybe one day I'll take my own advice"he said before looking down and clearing his throat.

"Anyway. What's your favorite place in the world?" Zayn asked, his pencil at the ready. 

_____________________________________________________

Isabella found herself between a rock and a hard place after spending yet another day with Zayn.

They had become exceptionally close. She knew every little detail about him from what his favorite food was to his phobia of singing in public.

Her heart felt heavy as she made her way up the flight of stairs to her dorm.

He had been trusting and told her his deepest secret, including his fear of heights, water and most importantly his fear of performance.

Yet she on the other hand hadn't been so forthcoming.

Despite the fact that she had confessed embarrassing pieces of information like the fact that she slept in her parents' bed until she was thirteen, she still hadn't told him about the reason why she was sent to boarding school in the first place.

The wounds were still fresh and  she hadn't fully recovered from the betrayal and anguish which is why she was still reluctant to telling him.

But, deep down she knew that eventually she would tell him... he deserved that much anyway.

Her past had made her strong and weak on so many different levels.

She couldn't go through all that drama without coming out as a different person. She came out a little disheveled, a little shaken but most of all broken.

There were some things, the things that really affected people like betrayal and dishonesty, that couldn't be fixed by a simple apology.

You can't heal a broken heart with a bouquet of roses or an "I'm sorry" card.

That doesn't even come close to mending heartache.In fact, it makes everything ten times worse because it shows how much that person doesn't care.

The only real rememedy is time... and that's what Isabella needed. Time.

It was simple. She just hoped Zayn would be patient enough to wait for her. 

Author's note:

Hey there cuties!

So I've decided that I'm going to update more frequently because I want the story to end before I start school again. To all those enjoying the book so far, please give me your feedback and vote and comment because you don't know how much I'd apprecaite that seriously it would just be amazing! Anyway, I really do hope you like my story and tune in for the upcoming chapters.

Love you all

Oh and this chapter goes out to whoawhatt because words can't describe how awesome she is and well she deserves another dedication!