Chapter Fifty Seven

"Yes, of course

I remember, how could I forget?

How you feel?

And though you were my first time

A new feel

It won't ever get old, not in my soul

Not in my spirit, keep it alive

We'll go down this road

'Til it turns from color to black and white"

It had been exactly a week after their fallout when they all gathered in the common room around the fireplace.

Niall Horan had his arm around his girlfriend as she gingerly sipped her hot chocolate.

Louis Tomlinson had his head resting in Melany’s lap as they watched old Friends reruns on the large flat screen that hung proudly on the wall.

Harry Styles was laughing at something Joey said , his eyes crinkling with humor.

“Man, you gotta ove Joey” he said as he wiped tears of laughter from the corners of his eyes.

Isabella smiled at him before she rested her eyes on the beauty that was Zayn Malik. He was sitting beside Liam Payne on a couch across from her.

Their eyes would frequently meet and they would share smiles and he even mouthed an “I love you” to her. She smiled sadly, it was bittersweet to hear him say that.

Even though she knew it was a hundred and ten percent true, she was still getting over the heartache. She still undoubtedly loved him and he knew that which is why he was more than willing to give her all the time she needed.

“You miss him, don’t you?” Lisa whispered into Isabella’s ear. She bit her lip as she tore her gaze from the hazel eyed beauty and nodded her head sadly.

“More than you’ll ever know” she said as she played with the hem of her white dress shirt. Lisa sighed sadly before she rested her head on Isabella’s shoulder.

“He misses you, too. You can see it in his eyes. They’re dripping with sadness every time he looks at you. He needs you, Bella” Lisa continued, still whispering. Isabella nodded sadly before her eyes moved to the flat screen.

“I know, Lisa. I just need some more time” she said sadly. Lisa was about to say something but she closed her mouth and nodded in agreement.

“Okay, Belly” she said before the two of them went back to watching the old sitcom.

_____________________________________________

Louis Tomlinson grabbed his favorite shampoo and Axe shower gel along with a white fluffy towel before he stepped out of his dorm.

It was the following Saturday morning and he and Melany made lunch plans. He walked into the communal male showers at the end of their floor.

He pulled back the curtain of one stall before he hung his towel on the towel rack and turned on the hot water.

As his hair dampened with the water that fell down his shoulders and torso, he squeezed the shampoo on his hands and lathered his hair. He stopped the water to continue cleaning his hair.

It was dead silent in the shower room and he realized he was alone. Suddenly right before he was about to turn the water on, the doors flung open.

Louis heard familiar footsteps and then a curtain being pulled back. His eyes grew wide as the person started to sing. 

“A tornado flew around my room before you came

Excuse the mess it made it usually doesn’t rain in

Southern California much like Arizona my eyes 

don’t shed tears but boy they bawl 

When I’m thinkin’ ‘bout you ooh no no no

I’ve been thinkin’ ‘bout you you know, know, know

Do you think about me still? do ya, do ya?”

Louis instantly knew that voice belonged to Zayn and he couldn’t believe how well he sounded. He didn’t understand why  Zayn had never told them about his apparent talent.

Zayn had a strong, sturdy and throaty voice that was definitely worthy of being heard on radios. He was certaintly gifted with such a beautiful ability and Louis was proud of him.Altough he felt a little confused and disappointened that Zayn had never told them. 

____________________________________________

Melany eased out of the Chemistry Lab on Monday morning with a smile on her face. She had just aced one of the hardest exams she’d ever studied for.

She couldn’t wait to tell Louis and email her parents with the good news.

“Well done, Melany” Her Chemistry teacher applauded the clever girl as she walked past him before she left.

“Thank you, Sir” Melany chirped happily as she made her way down the hallway. The bell had rung signifying their lunch break but before she could meet up with her friends she had to load her locker with a few books.

As she turned left at the corridor, she noticed her locker and realized that there was a neon yellow paper stuck to it. Melany scrunched her nose in confusion as she wondered what the paper might be.

Walking up to her locker, she started to read the paper that was taped to the front of her grey mettalic locker. 

Hey fellow green mount Academy students!

In honor of the end of the first scholastic term, the school will be holding a talent show! The one who shows the most talent will receive an all expense paid trip to London for two! So for all those willing to sign up, be there at seven sharp on Friday, November 10th at the Assembly Hall! Good luck to all!”

Melany scoffed and was about to crumple the piece of paper before Kathy came into her view, her red hair glowing and pulsating under the flurocesnt lights.

“Hey, Mel” the red head greeted her best friend before they linked arms.

“Hey babe” the brunette said as they made their way down the hallway to the lunchroom. The girls spotted their group of friends seated at their usual table.

Everyone was there except for Isabella who was probably still in the art studio finishing up her work and Zayn who was at the Burger Station.

Louis stood up and kissed Melany’s temple.

“Hey baby” he breathed into her ear and she smiled.

“Hey Lou. Guess what? I aced the Chemistry exam” she said excitedly. Louis’ eyes bulged as he smiled loudly.

“No way, baby! That’s great news. I’m so proud of you!” he exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around her. She smiled with satisfaction as everyone congratualted her as well.

“Where is it?” Kathy asked happily.

“Oh right here” Melany said as she pulled up the papers in her hands. The yellow neon paper flew on the floor before Louis caught it.

“What’s that, Lou?” Liam Payne asked as he took a sip of his water. “

Oh um” Louis started reading the flyer before his eyes lit up and grew wide for the second time in less than two minutes.

“Louis, what’s wrong? What does that flyer say?” Niall asked as his brow furrowed in confusion. Louis smiled as he conjured up the best plan in his head.

“Oi lads, I think I know how to solve Zayn and Bella’s problems”