Chapter Thirty Five

“I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” 

Lisa combed her long fingers through her short blonde hair as she stepped into the common room.

There, in the corner of the room sat Isabella.

She had an open textbook on her lap and was taking notes in her notebook.

Yesterday, Lisa had waited up for Bella the whole night, finally giving up at midnight when her eyes felt too heavy.

Waking up to an empty dorm room, Lisa was determined to find that petite brunette and question her about her date with Zayn until she was completely satisfied with enough information.

Lisa marched over to where Bella was sitting and crossed her lean arms over her chest as she tapped her foot impatiently.

Bella looked up, a confused look on her face as she took in Lisa's appearance.

"Uh oh. Am I in toruble?" she cracked a playful smile which earned her a glare from the blonde. Lisa plopped down on the seat opposite her roommate.

"You bet your ass you're in trouble. You stayed out until God knows when with Zayn. I think you owe me an explanation"  

Lisa raised a perfectly tweezed eye brow at the brunette who was smiling.

"You're right I'm sorry. Yesterday with Zayn was... something. It started out fine I mean it was a normal date and everything but, it ended with him telling me he... telling me he loved me" Bella bit her lip to keep from smiling widely.

Lisa's eye brows rose to the top of her head in amazement. She took a seat oppostie her brunette roommate, her interest suddenly sparked with the new information that was slowly sinking in.

"You are talking about Zayn Malik right?" she asked, confused. Bella rolled her eyes at the blonde.

"Yes, silly. Who else?" Lisa smiled but then pressed her lips together into a thin line.

"What did you say?" she asked.

"I told him the truth, that I love him, too" she said, her eyes twinkling at the memory.

Lisa grinned like a mad woman before she leaped up from her seat and attacked poor Bella with a huge bear hug.

"Ohmigod you guys are finally going out! I am so happy for the both of you!" She sang happily.

"Well we aren't going out yet. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend or anything" Bella explained, looking down at her tangled fingers.Lisa pursed her lips.

"Oh. Don't worry about it. He'll ask you. Just wait. I mean, he's already told you he loves you so... just relax , okay?" Lisa told her friend.

Bella laughed loudly.

"Lisa if I were any more relaxed I'd be dead" she said with a playful smirk. Lisa made a face at her brunette roommate and looked down at the open textbook.

"All you do is study. I swear it's like being with Mel! Come on let's go get a latte. I've been craving once since Tuesday" Lisa told her friend as Bella started to pack up.

"Come on Mrs. Malik." Lisa clapped her hands.

The two linked arms and walked out of the common room. 

________________________________________________

When Monday rolled around the corner, Mrs. Potter's students were reminded that the exhibition was less than a week away.

It was this Friday and that thought alone made Isabella's heart drop.

She was practically done with her painting, but being the perfectionist that she was, she spent most of her time adding little details she was convinced were the most important part of the painting.

"I am just so excited to see what everyone has come up with. You all have been working really, really hard. Some more than others am I right, Frankie?"

Mrs. Potter raised a playful eyebrow at a ginger student who cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Oh I'm just kidding. Gosh, kids these days need to lighten up" she murmured to herself.

She was one of Isabella's favorite teachers, not just because she was a good teacher but because she treated her students like her equals.

She didn't use her authority against her students, but used it to aid them. Also, her fashion sense was funky and refreshing.

She was dressed in a long floral maxi dress and had chopsticks in her hair. Her colorful bangles reached the middle of her arms and her huge golden hoop earings made her look younger.

"Okay class is dismissed. Paintings on the windowsill! Frankie, that means you too" the teacher shook her head and smiled. She loved teaching art just as much as she loved art itself.

"Isabella, I'm looking forward to seeing your painting. I'm sure Mr. Malik will just love it" Mrs. Potter winked as she walked over to her desk and organized some papers.

Isabella smiled politely before she placed her painting on the windowsill and tossed her used paint brushes and pallette in the sink for cleaning.