invisible : chapter ten

-

Since the argument at the bowling alley, that somehow made itself on to Twitter and YouTube and Facebook, Luke had left our group chat, and flown off to LA with Arzaylea, leaving the rest of his band in Aussie.

They'd been photos of the two of them walking around LA with their hands entwined and at clubs and kissing and Arzaylea would post lots of photos on social media and Luke would too occasionally.

He refused to talk to any of us, except for Calum where he simply said he wouldn't talk to anyone until they apologised and accepted his relationship with Arzaylea.

Char had told people to tweet Luke telling him to go home and Ashton and Michael had subtly joined in when favourite or liking tweets. Calum had tweeted saying he was staying out of it and I hadn't said a single thing.

Fans would tweet and message me asking what's actually happened and I would just ignore it, they'd seen Luke and I had hung out alone, the night he slept in my bed, and they assumed we were the best of friends. When we were far from it at this point in time.

The fans knew the band were angry at Luke for up and leaving, his strategy was to ignore the problem till it went away or simply run away from them, or in Luke's case, run away with the problem. The fans were angry at Luke for abandoning everything to party with his girlfriend and even the fans that liked Arzaylea were angry at Luke because the band comes first.

My daily routine was the same, Luke and his problems wasn't going to effect me. I went to college like I was now, I'd just finished psychology and I was walking to meet my friends for lunch when a girl stopped me.

I instantly recognised her as the girl who had psychology across the hall while I had geography, she was also wearing a 5sos shirt. It was the baseball tee with stars on the sleeves, it was the design based off Luke's shirt. "Hey Reece, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Okay I know you're probably sick of hearing this or having to repeat it but what happened with Luke?" She asked.

"It's fine, I can tell you're a Luke girl."

She blushed a little, so I led her over to a bench by the wall and we sat down. "We told Luke our opinion on Arzaylea and that we didn't like her and he won't accept it, so he got pissed; ran off to his girlfriend, tweeted that tweet and now he's ignoring everyone."

I saw the girl tear up, "hey you okay?" I asked concerned.

"I hate that this is happening because I love Luke a lot and I don't like seeing he's not happy. I hate that she's part of the reason and like it'd be fine if Luke was dating a guy because then I know I have no chance because he likes boys but damn, her? She's ridiculous. Her entire life is on the Internet."

I chuckled; "It's okay, trust me, I feel the same. Besides I don't think his parents approve much." The girl laughed. "I'm really sorry but I don't know your name."

"Yeah, fuck, I'm Katie. I only know your name because I use to be friends with Liv." She smiled and I realised she had a pretty smile. I opened my bag and took out a tissue, handing it to her making her smile brighter. "Thank you."

"You should meet the guys." I said, "They'd like you. I could get your number and put you in our group chat? We currently have four different ones, anyway." I smiled.

"Really?" She asked.

She gave me her number and I gave her a hug before she said she had to meet her friend.

I started to walk to my lunch table and meet my friends, and decided to text Luke.

You: a fan came up to me and she cried because you have a crappy taste in girls