invisible : chapter twenty-five

mama Liz is back

Does anyone know when the vampire diaries is on again??

-

Luke was coming home in two weeks. Two fucking weeks and I could kiss his pretty face again and I could cuddle him and we could talk face to face. And I would lose my virginity to him (which was terrifying).

I was nervous for him to come home, simply because I hadn't seen him in so long. What if he suddenly decided he didn't want to be with a guy? Or me? Or that he went back to Arzaylea?

But I'd finished college, my summer had been fun, and I also had a job. It was working at Tesco but still. I thankfully had the night of the concert off, I'd go first with Laura, Char and Katie and then I would go to the last one of the tour with my family.

"Reece! Come help me put the washing up!" I rolled off the sofa and towards the kitchen where mum had a basket of washing.

"Do I have to?" I asked, "Can I be paid for this?"

"I'll give you a dollar and a cookie." She smiled.

"Okay." I took the basket off of her and we went in to the garden. She grabbed the bag of pegs, as I held up a shirt against the washing line, she put the pegs on the corner of the shirt and we moved on to the next.

"So what will you and Luke be doing when he's home?" Mum asked.

"Well he comes back on the twenty ninth of September, and we go see them then, and we all go on October fourth and I guess we'll just hang out." I said shrugging, I scrunched my nose up when picking up Char's underwear.

"It must be hard for him to be gone so long." Mum said, sympathising.

"Luke says he misses home a lot, and he misses me too." I smiled softly. I liked hearing Luke missed me, because sometimes I felt like I was the only one who missed him.

"At least he's doing something he loves." Mum smiled.

"Yeah, he loves being on stage."

It was silent before mum spoke up again, "Do you have any protection for when Luke comes back."

I blushed a bright red, "Yes I do, I got some for my birthday from Michael." At least she was concerned for my health and safety but I hated talking about that with my mum.

"Good, I don't want either of you getting something."

"Oh my god please stop." I begged, stepping away from her. "I'm already nervous as it is, I'm giving him my virginity."

"There's no need to be nervous, sex is a normal thing for a couple. And I'm happy you're nineteen and still saying you have your virginity." Mum said softly and as caring as she was being, I was going to puke.

"Please stop, this is awkward."

"It's natural, don't be embarrassed by it." Mum laughed.

"I'm not embarrassed about that, I just don't want to talk about gay sex with my mum." Mum laughed at my words and she handed me the pegs as she put bras on to the line, I cringed as I put the pegs on them.

"What's it like?"

"I am not answering that."

"I meant dating a rock star, Reece. Get your head out of the gutter." She slapped the back of my head with a shirt of mine.

"Luke's barely a rock star, he's a lanky awkward kid who likes to play guitar and sing." I said with a shrug because it was true.

We moved on to my own underwear and I took them from my mum, I didn't want her touching them, "You know what? I'm doing my own washing from now on." I told her.