Chapter 2

How do y'all feel about Candace?

Rome in the mm.

Please vote, leave comments and share my story please.

- Asia 💫

______________

"What's on the agenda first? Some math or some shit?" Rome asked as he sat back in his chair.

"We're gonna start off with algebra." Candace replied, opening her textbook. "I have this practice worksheet for you to do. I just wanna see how much you know." She added, passing him the sheet. Looking at the sheet that she had given him, Rome furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the problems. Taking out his pencil, Rome attempted to do a few of the problems while Candace typed away on her  laptop.

"To be honest with you shawty, I don't know none of this shit." Rome said as he set his pencil down.

"Did you even try??" Candace asked as she looked at his blank paper.

"Math ain't my thing. I don't see how this shit gonna help me." Rome shrugged.

"All you have to do is get x by itself..." Candace explained before Rome lost his concentration. He stared at Candace while she talked. Her hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail. She didn't have on any makeup but she was still beautiful. He looked at her outfit and wasn't impressed at all. She was gorgeous but she didn't have any fashion sense.

"Ayo, why you always dressed like a grandma?" Rome asked, interrupting Candace.

"Excuse me?" Candace said, caught off guard by his sudden outburst.

"It's 90° out here and you got on a sweater and shit. Like aren't you hot?" Rome asked.

"My parents don't like me showing a lot of skin." Candace replied.

"I can see that. Why though?" He questioned.

"My mother always says that a Christain woman never shows too much of herself." Candace replied, rolling her eyes slightly.

"What, your parents real religious or something?" He asked.

"My father is a pastor, so yeah." Candace answered. "Can we get back to this math though?" She said as she turned her attention back to the worksheet.

"Damn, why you ain't drop all that holy shit when you got to college?" Rome asked.

"Are curse words the only words in your vocabulary?" Candace asked, looking up at him.

"Pretty much." He replied. "You need to loosen up though. You in college now. Your parents not gonna be breathing down your neck. You free now." Rome stated, giving her a slight nudge.

"Not completely free, my older brother plays football for the school." Candace told him.

"Oh damn..." Rome said before an awkward silence came over them.

"Let's meet up again tomorrow morning. I have to get going." Candace said as she gathered her things before standing up.

"Where you going? I barely learned shit." Rome said with a slight irritation in his voice.

"I have an essay due at midnight. I need all the time I can get." Candace replied as she put her bag on her shoulder.

"Let me help you with it." Rome smirked.

"Why would I get you out of all people to help me?" Candace asked.

"C'mon now shawty, I ain't dumb. I know a little something in school." Rome voiced.