Chapter 3

What do y'all think about Rome so far?

Candace and Rome in the mm

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

"Why you taking so long to put it on??" Crystal asked as she waited for Candace to come out of the bathroom with the new dress that they bought for her today.

"I can't wear this!" Candace yelled from the bathroom.

"Is it too tight on you or something?" Crystal asked before walking into bathroom.

"I never wore a dress so short. Or a dress that showed so much cleavage!" Candace exclaimed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Girl what are you talking about?! Once you put on those heels, curl that hair, and put on some makeup, you'll be slaying every chick in there!" Crystal said while smiling widely.

"No, I'm not wearing this. I'm not going." Candace said while shaking her head.

"Cmon, suck it up! Do you know how many heads will be turned when you walk in that party??? You gotta get out of your comfort zone." Crystal said as she started to curl Candace's hair.

"Fine... But just this one time." Candace reluctantly said as she put on her heels.

______________

During the whole walk to the party, Crystal listened to Candace complain the whole time. She really wanted to grab some duck tape and just put it over her mouth for the time being.

"I don't even know why I'm doing this, maybe we should go back to the room." Candace said while walking.

"You'll be alright. Stop stressing." Crystal said with an irritated tone.

"Is my makeup okay? Did my curls drop?" Candace asked as they approached the party house.

"Candace shut the hell up. You look fine." Crystal said as they both walked inside of the house. It was pretty crowded inside. People were drinking and dancing to the loud music. A few girls were giving Candace looks while some guys were staring at her, making her feel kinda uncomfortable. Turning around, Candace noticed that Crystal wasn't beside her anymore. She started to panic due to the fact that she was at an unknown place and she didn't know anyone there. Looking around, she saw Crystal pouring herself a drink while talking to a guy.

"You okay?" Crystal mouthed to Candace. Candace simply nodded and gave her a weak smile before walking to a chair in the corner of the room to sit down. She watched as people were dancing and grinding around her. She wanted to leave but she didn't want to leave Crystal there by herself, especially since she was drinking. Crystal has a low tolerance for alcohol. She could get drunk off of one glass. It was best for Candace to stay with her in case any mishaps occurred. Looking to see what Crystal was up to, Candace couldn't help but to notice the familiar figure walking towards her.

"Well well well, didn't except to see you here." Rome spoke as he walked up to Candace with a cup in his hand.

"I was forced against my will." Candace replied, motioning to Crystal.

"Oh... Well I just wanted to apologize for the way I was acting earlier. I was tripping for real. You probably ain't mean no harm." Rome said as he stood against the wall next to Candace.

"It-It's okay, I should've stayed in my place." Candace stuttered. She doesn't know why she was getting nervous while talking to him. She always seemed to be shy whenever he was around. She couldn't help it.