Chapter 29: Can't Get Away

Candace really messed up with Rome and she had dropped Julian and Will for him. 😭

Teddy's family really supports Crystal being pregnant.

Another fast forward on the way.

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Eight Months Later...

Candace

It was finally the week of winter break. Crystal was having her baby shower/getaway trip to the Bahamas. I was so excited. I needed to get out of Florida and breath fresher air. This campus inhabited a lot of demons. I needed to get away from it, for just one week.

No sight of Rome since he found out everything from Julian. It seemed as if every time we were on bad terms, he would disappear from off of the face of the earth. I would try to call and text him.

Nothing.

I still felt bad about what I did to him. I live with that guilt everyday. Rome was the love of my life. We could've been back together and maybe even moved in with each other by now. But I let temptation get to me. I let myself fall into a trap of manipulation. College was changing me. I was never like this. I was a good girl. A good daughter...

Or maybe college wasn't changing me.

Maybe I've been like this all along. Maybe college is what triggered the wild girl in me...

I've been keeping myself busy since last seeing Rome. When I keep myself busy, it's easier for me to take my mind off of all of that. After showing her a few clips of me dancing for my high school, Crystal convinced me to try out for the dance team. I made the team and I really love it. It's kinda hard juggling dance and volleyball though but the busier, the merrier for me.

The pilot notified all of us that the plane was getting ready to land soon. I looked out the window to see the blue water and the clear skies. It was beautiful already.

Paradise.

Getting up from my seat, I grabbed my carry on bag before walking off of the plane with Toni. Crystal, Teddy, and their family members arrived here a couple of days ago. I didn't know who else was coming on this trip but I was eager to get to the resort to see everyone.

"Girl we're fucking in the Bahamas!" Toni said excitedly as we walked through the airport. "I'm trying to find me a Bahamian nigga while I'm out here."

"That's not why we're here." I laughed as I grabbed my suitcase from the baggage claim.

"Crystal said she has activities planned during the day. We still need something to do at night." Toni said while we were walking outside of the airport.

"Read. Watch tv. SLEEP!" I chuckled. "That's what people do at night, right?"

"Noooo, not while in another country!" She exclaimed while shaking my arm. "We gotta go clubbing. Get drunk for the one time. Fall in love maybe. Bring home a foreign nigga girl!"