Chapter 40: What's In The Dark Will Come To The Light

Romance is engaged! 😍🙌🏽

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Miami International Airport

Candace

Rome and I had just flew in from Fiji and per usual, there was paparazzi flooding the airport, trying to get that perfect shot. Scenarios like this made me want to hop on the next flight back to Fiji.

Because Rome and I know how much the media tries to intrude on our personal lives, we haven't told anyone about our engagement, and we weren't planning on it. Our friends didn't know. Our families didn't know. Even our parents didn't know. We figured that telling one person would be a risk because that one person could slip up and tell everybody. We didn't want to take that risk. This would be our little secret for the time being.

And of course we couldn't make it too obvious. Rome and I decided not to wear our engagement rings out in public or around people. Until we both feel comfortable with people knowing, nobody would know. The only time we'll wear it is inside of the house where we know there won't be anybody to watch us.

Quickly getting inside of the chauffeured car, I was relieved to not be followed by flashing cameras and eager fans anymore. Dating Rome now was so different than it was back in college. We both had to be mindful of everything we said or did in public because there was always someone watching.

"I'm so glad to be home!" I exclaimed as we pulled up to the house.

"Me too. I'm so jet lagged." Rome sighed while looking out of the window. "Who's car is that?"

"I don't know... Never seen it." I said as we both got out of the car and grabbed our luggage from the trunk.

Walking inside the house, everything seemed to be the way we left it. The kitchen light was on and there seemed to be shuffling coming from within.

"Maybe Chanel is up." I whispered while Rome shook his head.

"Nah, she don't be waking up for midnight snacks." Rome said as he set our bags down before making his way inside of the kitchen with me following closely behind him.

Upon walking inside the kitchen, the only thing I saw was a naked man looking through our fridge.

"Oh hell nah." Rome said as the man quickly jumped and turned around to face us.

"Ooooh." I grinned while staring him down.

"Girl!" Rome said as he quickly covered my eyes with his hand. "Relax yourself."

"Uhhhh you relax yourself. I'm only looking." I chuckled as I moved his hand, giving the man another peep.

"Keep looking. I guarantee you won't wake up with any eyes." Rome said before covering my eyes again. "And who the hell are you?!" He yelled as he turned to the man.

"I'm sorry we had to meet under these circumstances but I'm Jordan, Chanel's boyfriend. It's so nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan!" Jordan smiled.