Chapter 5

Rome and Candace in the mm.

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Candace had texted Rome the next day. She wanted to talk to him about what happened with Teddy. She told Teddy that she'd think about his proposition. She really needed to think this one out. She wasn't really good at making smart decisions lately. Meeting up with Rome, they both walked around campus, having small talk.

"Sooooo, how's life?" Candace asked awkwardly. She ran out of things to say.

"Look, we both know you ain't meet up with me just to ask me some basic ass questions. What's up with you?" Rome asked as he stopped and looked at her.

"I don't know. My mind is just all over the place right now." Candace groaned as she took a seat on a bench.

"Talk to me. That's what I'm here for." Rome said as he sat down next to her.

"I need your opinion on something." She said.

"What is it?" Rome asked.

"Well... How would you feel if me and Teddy were dating?" Candace asked. Rome thought that was an odd question. Why was she asking him? She didn't ask him if she could fuck Teddy so why is she asking him about this?

"Why you asking me? It's your life." Rome chuckled.

"Because you're the closest to him. I want to make sure that I'm not making any mistakes." Candace stated.

"No matter what I say, you gone do what you want to do. But if you really want my opinion, I don't think you should date him. Teddy is a hoe. Simple as that. You'll get hurt and I don't think you ready for that. He'll fill your ear with a bunch of sweet talk but you won't be the only one he's doing that to. Teddy has girls lined up. You'd be setting yourself up if you started dating him. But that's just my opinion." Rome shrugged as he sat back on the bench.

"But he asked me out. He obviously does care about me if he wants me to be his girl." Candace said while Rome laughed.

"You really don't get it... Him asking you out don't mean shit. A nigga still gonna do what he wanna do, girlfriend or not." Rome replied while Candace stayed quiet. "But what I say don't even matter, you already fucked the dude." Rome chuckled as he stood up.

"What are you talking about?" Candace furrowed her eyebrows.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." Rome replied. He wasn't about to have this conversation with her.

"Tell me." Candace demanded as she grabbed his arm.

"There's nothing to tell. Teddy told me about what happened between you two last night. Whatever I say won't matter because you already gave yourself up to him." Rome stated.

"Gave myself up to him...?" Candace said confusedly. "You think I had sex with him last night??"

"That's what he told me." Rome replied.

"Well he's lying! Teddy was trying to but I kept telling him to stop and then I pushed him off of me and left. That's what really happened." Candace said as she started to walk away before stopping herself and walking back to him. "And next time, ask before you fucking assume!" She was so mad that she didn't even realized that she had cursed until she walked away. That was her first time ever saying a curse word. That was Rome's first time hearing her say one. He was surprised.