Chapter 22: Confused

Rome's birthday gift was so cute. 😭

Him and Candace seem to be getting back on good terms.

Teddy and Crystal are so nosey. 😂

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Taking her food out of the microwave, Candace sat down in the break room before she started eating. She didn't know anyone in the offices yet. She was still trying to get into the swing of things. Everyday it's the same thing, the same routine, the same friendly faces. She was ready for something different to happen. Something spontaneous.

"Every time I come in here, your lunch always looks and smells so good." A man said as he walked into the break room.

"Tastes good too." Candace smiled.

"What is it?" The man asked her.

"Chicken lettuce wraps." Candace replied as the man sat down across from her with his lunch.

"Sounds good." The man said as he ate his food. He was pretty clean cut, probably only a few years older than Candace. And he was good looking. "My name is Will by the way."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Candace." She replied as she finished eating her food. Candace and Will talked for the remainder of their break. They got to know each other somewhat.

"So how long have you been working here?" Will asked as he threw away his trash.

"About three months now. I'm interning for a year." Candace replied.

"Really? Well welcome to the company." Will smiled. "How old are you? If you don't mind me asking."

"I just turned twenty about a week ago." Candace told him.

"How old do you think I am?" Will asked her.

"Thirty-five?" Candace guessed as Will laughed.

"Do I really look that old?" Will chuckled.

"No but everyone else in this office seems to he around that age." Candace said. "How old are you though?"

"Twenty-eight." Will told her.

"That sounds about right." Candace said as Will checked his watch.

"My break is pretty much over. I enjoyed talking to you though. We should have lunch together more often." Will suggested as he took out a pen and sticky note. "Here's my number. Call me whenever you want to go out for lunch or something." He said as he gave her the sticky note.

"Take my number too." Candace said as she wrote hers down and gave it to him. "I'll see you around." She smiled as she walked out of the break room.