Chapter 32: Universe in the Works

Rome and Candace can't escape each other! Were y'all expecting him to reacting differently when he saw Candace?

How do y'all like everyone's career paths?

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Rome

I had just got home from the game. I'm sure Candace would be here any minute now. I had to straighten up since Riley loved to leave the house looking a mess. I swear Jourdan needs to teach him how to clean up after himself. I can't keep doing this.

I looked around the room. I guess it looked presentable. I lit a few candles around, just so I could make her feel comfortable when she got here. After I ordered the pizza, the only thing that was missing now was Candace. I had to admit, I was nervous as hell about her coming. I haven't seen or talked to her since the Bahamas. I wasn't trying to avoid her or anything, I was just super busy. I always considered talking to her again to catch up but I never could find myself to do it.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I quickly got up from my position on the couch before opening the door. I thought it was Candace but it was just the pizza guy.

I needed to stop with all of this nervous shit. It's just Candace. We're just hanging out as friends. Nothing more, nothing less. To calm myself down, I took a couple quick shots of henny before I heard the doorbell ring again. Alright, this had to be Candace now. I quickly walked to the door before answering it.

"Hey." I said nervously as I invited her inside.

"Hey. Your place is really nice." She smiled as she walked down the hall and looked around.

"Thanks. Jourdan decorated the whole house to her liking." I chuckled as I walked with her to the living room.

"Oh, you two still together?" She asked as she sat down on the couch. You could hear the slight jealousy in her voice, or maybe I was just tripping. She wouldn't be jealous. At least not after all of these years.

"Yeah, coming up on three years." I said with a light smile.

"Wow, that's a first for you." She laughed. "You think she's the one?"

"I don't know... I don't be thinking about all of that." I shrugged, opening the box of pizza for us to eat.

"Why not?" She asked curiously as she ate her pizza.

"Because... I don't know." I laughed nervously. I hated being put on the spot. I didn't really want to talk about Jourdan. "I'm just focused on basketball. And she's busy a lot too."

"Do you love her?" Candace asked me. Here we go with the deep questions.

"Of course I do." I replied while eating.

"Do you see her as someone who you'll keep around for the long haul?" She questioned.

"I mean... We've been together for this long. I think so." I told her.

"Then what's the problem? You love her and you've been with her for so long. I'm assuming that she lives with you if she's decorating your house. What's stopping you from making that last commitment with her?" Candace asked me.