Chapter 45: The Truth Will Set You Free

Candace is being so indecisive. 😢

Why hasn't she been wearing her engagement ring though?

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Candace

"I want to break up." I sighed.

"Why?" Rome questioned.

"I don't know.. I'm just really scared Rome. Everything about this court case has me overthinking shit. I hate feeling like this." I told him as he shook his head in disbelief.

"So you still don't trust me." Rome chuckled as he stood up, getting ready to walk off before I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"I do!" I defended.

Who was I kidding though? I don't trust him anymore

Who was I kidding though? I don't trust him anymore. My last relationship with Michael is the main reason I have trust issues now. I wanted to trust Rome but after I saw those pictures of him and Sydney, I don't know what to believe anymore.

"You don't though, and it's completely fine. I'm tired of this shit." Rome said to my surprise.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

"I'm saying that you're right. Maybe a break up is in order. You obviously aren't ready for commitment. I guess shit is too hard for you." Rome said as he sat down on the ottoman across from me.

"I want to be with you." I said lowly as I could feel the tears rushing to my eyes.

"I'm sick of having this same discussion with you now. I tried to be patient. I tried to work with you. But I can't anymore. I can't do this. I'm not getting all of you. I can't be the only one putting in any type of effort into this relationship. I'm sorry but I can't do it." Rome told me as the tears immediately emerged from my eyes.

I was breaking down. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I wasn't ready to lose him yet.