Chapter 4

Hmmm. Teddy and Candace? Ship or nah?

Teddy and Candace in the mm.

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Leaving her final class of the day, Candace headed over to the library where she'd be meeting Rome for tutoring. Teddy never called her last night. She actually hasn't heard from him all day. What was up with that? Candace walked inside of the library, eager to see Rome. Looking up from his phone, Rome spotted Candace walking towards the table. Something was different about her. She had on a black bodycon dress with a black leather jacket over it, and a gold chain. As for the shoes, she had on a pair of white low top converse. She definitely wasn't dressed like how she normally was. Rome didn't know if she was trying to impress him or Teddy.

"Hey!" She grinned as she sat next to him. That was unusual, they normally sat across from each other.

"What's up. How you doing?" Rome asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm okay. It would be better if I could talk to Teddy. He didn't call me last night." Candace pouted.

"He got in pretty late. I'm sure you'll hear from him." Rome said, opening up his textbook.

"Should I call him?" Candace asked. Rome was starting to get annoyed now.

"You starting to sound thirsty shawty." Rome blurted out.

"What do you mean?" Candace questioned.

"All I'm saying is, if he was really interested in you, he'd go out of his way to make sure he speaks to you. You can't be pressed over that nigga. You gotta have options. Y'all not even dating or nothing. You gotta relax. Focus on you baby girl cause he damn sure not focused on you." Rome stated. He did have a point. It did seem as if she was starting to get a little too interested in Teddy. But she couldn't help it. She never really got attention from guys and her dad definitely didn't want her dating anybody. Once she got that attention from Teddy, she didn't know how to react to it. She just needed a distraction from Teddy.

"Let's start on some chemistry." Candace said as she opened her textbook.

One Hour Later...

Rome and Candace packed up their stuff as the library was about to close. They were supposed to be going to dinner but with the way Rome was acting, Candace didn't know anymore. It seemed as if something was bothering or irritating him.

"We still on for dinner?" Rome asked. Candace couldn't help but smile.

"Of course." She replied, packing her stuff up.

"Where you tryna go?" Rome asked, doing the same before getting up with her.

"Anywhere." Candace shrugged as they walked.

"I hate when girls say shit like that after you ask them a question." Rome shook his head.

"Why?" Candace laughed.

"Because all a girl gotta do is pick a place to go. Females stay making shit complicated for a nigga." Rome said with a sorta serious tone Candace couldn't help her laughter. He was so cute when he got irritated. "You think that's funny?" He asked as she nodded her head, still laughing. "Aight, I got something for that." He said before they both started walking again.