Chapter 24: A Rock and a Hard Place

Crystal and Teddy are always reading Rome and Candace. 😂

Should Candace tell Rome how she really feels or should she start entertaining Will?

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

Candace has been avoiding trying to talk to Rome. She wasn't really one to open up voluntarily. She knows that talking to him and being honest with him is probably the only way that they can settle things. Arguing was becoming a norm to the both of them. It was getting too persistent. And now Candace has another problem on her hand. Will. She was avoiding him too. After she unexpectedly kissed him that night, she was confused. It was kinda hard to avoid someone though when you work in the same office building as them. She hasn't seen or talked to Rome or Will since last week though. I guess you could say that was good for her.

Candace was currently at work, organizing a few documents for her boss before it was time for her to go.

"Hey stranger." Will said as he walked up to Candace's desk with his suitcase in hand.

"Hey Will." Candace said nervously as she turned to him.

"I haven't talked to you in a little while. Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." She replied with a light smile as an awkward silence came over them. "I'm sorry." Candace said, finally breaking the silence.

"Sorry about what?" Will asked, clearly confused.

"About last week. I had a lot of stuff going on. I didn't mean to kiss you. I don't know what I was thinking..." Candace told him.

"Don't apologize. I'm not mad. Things happen." He assured her.

"I know but you're still married. We're coworkers. It just wasn't appropriate on my end. You deserved an apology." Candace said.

"I understand. Is that why you haven't been talking to me?" Will asked.

"I guess. I felt kinda bad after it happened. It won't happen again though." She told him.

"Relax. I told you, it's fine. It wasn't a problem." Will reassured her. "I think you have so much love in your soul and you're probably trying to find a way to expel it all out. You need someone to be there for you. I can be there for you." He said while Candace looked at him weirdly.

"What are you trying to say?" Candace questioned.

"I'm saying that if you want to kiss me, go for it. I won't mind. I just wanna be there. As a friend, as a shoulder to cry on, anything. We both are trying to get over a relationship. Maybe we can help each other get over it." Will suggested.

"I'm gonna be honest with you. I appreciate your proposition but I don't think that'll be appropriate." Candace replied.

"Why is that?" Will questioned.

"Because our jobs are important to us. And it's company policy. You can't have any relations with your coworkers. I don't want to lose my job. I don't want to take that risk." Candace stated.