Chapter 9

Something's brewing with Rome and Sydney. 👀

How do y'all feel about Sydney?

And Candace plays volleyball now. She's finally coming out of her shell!

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Asia 💫

______________

It was Friday night. The men's basketball team had just won their 7th game in a row. Smiling as the crowd in the small arena cheered, Rome and the team made their way to the locker rooms. Wiping the sweat off of his face with his towel, Rome sat down as he listened to his coach's usual post-game spiel.

"Good game out there fellas. I am very proud of the hard work you all put on the court. If we keep this up for a few more games, we're heading to playoffs." The coach said excitedly while everyone clapped. "But on a serious note... After looking at this team's performance these past few games, I've decided to make a few changes to the roster. I'll announce next week." He said before walking with the assistant coaches out of the locker room.

"What you think the changes bout to be?" Kev asked.

"He bout to make Rome captain. It's a no brainier." Tron said while everyone agreed.

"Nah, I doubt it. I'm a sophomore. He not bout to make me no captain." Rome laughed as he took of his jersey.

"You the strongest one on the court and on the team. If not captain then co-captain." Teddy chimed in.

"Yeah yeah, we'll see. Anyways what's the plans for tonight?" Rome asked as he stood up.

"You already know, celebration party." Teddy said.

"Oh yeah, your girl gonna be there?" Rome asked while laughing.

"Who's my girl supposed to be?" Teddy replied.

"Crystal." Everyone said in unison.

"Far from my girl. We just messing around." Teddy said as he gathered his stuff.

"Late night phone calls. Lunch and dinner dates. Sleeping over in her room." Tron joked while everyone laughed.

"How come we not getting on Rome's case??" Teddy questioned.

"Oh yeahhhh! What's up with you and volleyball chick?" Kev smirked.

"Candace?" Tron asked her clarification.

"Her and another volleyball girl." Teddy replied while smiling.

"Rome is the man. He got Candace AND Sydney. They both friends and somehow he still able to run game without the other knowing." Kev exclaimed.

"It's not even like that..." Rome said while shaking his head.

"He not even fucking with Candace like that. The main hoe is Sydney." Teddy chuckled.

"Alright so if you not messing with Candace, I can get on right?" Tron asked.

"Man I don't care. That's not my girl." Rome laughed.