Chapter Three

Title Credit: Chasing Hearts - Breathe Carolina

“Fuck.” I murmur.

I stared at him and all those feelings I had burried deep inside the core of my body came back. I don't know if I was angry because Austin was here or because my feelings were here. All I know is that I'm angry. Pissed and I have no idea who to blame. So, I blamed the universe.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!” I snatched my shades and ran to my bus. Well, I thought it was my bus. But I ran right into it anyway, down to the bunks and collapsed into Alex’s arms.

“Whoa! What shit in your pants?” He asked. I dropped my head and tried to catch my breath, but my heart wasn't having that.

“Ellie!” I could hear Austin’s voice. I heaved and pointed and heaved some more and collapsed into a panting mess on the floor.

“Austin. I don’t want to talk to him.” I breathe. He nods and pulls me into his bunk. The buses crank up and we pull out the venue. I put my hands up defeat.

It’s been two years! Why show up in my life now? Why make things complicated even more than it needs to be?!

“Hey, do you always wear a microphone ring?” Alex smirked at me. I was knocked out of my thoughts.

“Yeah. The microphone ring was given to me by my ex-boyfriend. It was given to me the same night he died.”

I can remember that night as clear as daytime. I remember when Austin asked about it, all I told him was it’s a gift. But I was head over heels with Daniel. He had given me the ring as a token of our love.

He left my house around one in the morning. He had to be home. And on his way home, it was a red light. It was pouring down raining. He saw it too late. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Never in my life had I been in such an emotional wreck. I run my fingers over the scars that constantly remind me of what his death took a toll on me. They were faded, but the newly bruised one’s are from what Austin did.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. This is what caused me to turn to music. Because I know I have fans out there that has been through more shit than I have.

Alex was next to me in a hug. He doesn’t say anything though and I’m glad. When Daniel died all people said was I’m sorry. It’s going to be okay. But they don’t know what it’s like to confess your love to someone and have them die on the same fucking night.

They don’t or never will know what it’s like to have your heart shattered twice. One by someone who passed and one by someone who is living well and is nothing but minutes away from you.

No one will ever know how much I am hurting on the inside to this very day.

As the tears silently roll down my cheeks, Alex is shushing me and Jack is giving me tissue.

“Why must he ruin everything!!!!” I scream into Alex’s chest. He listens to me ramble on. “He breaks up with me out of the blue and expects me to forgive him about with!!! I hate him!!!!” I sob into his chest. “To make it worse, I just met you guys and I’m here crying my heart out to you.” Alex rubbed his hand up and down my back.

“Shush. Calm down. Just let it all out. I’ve been in some rocky relationships. It’s going to get better. It’s gonna hurt for a while, but you’ll meet someone who’s there for you through thick and thin. May not be today, tomorrow, the day after, it may not be on this tour, it may be on this tour, but you’re a beautiful girl with an amazing passion for music and her fans and you will find someone.”

Later that night, Alex gave me a pair of boxers and a tee shirt. I spend half my night staring at the moving scenery. SNS was behind us. I miss my guitar. I get a sharpie from my jean pocket and begin writing on a pair of socks they gave me. I’ve been brainstorming lyrics for the song I was working on earlier.

 “Don’t you ever sleep?” Alex chuckled from the doorway.

“I would if I could get my brain to stop working.” I joke. He got in the bunk with me, thankfully it was the bottom bunk, and sat beside me. He helped me brain storm a couple ideas and even told me to try different chords for this song. Before I knew it, it was morning and we had a finished song. But we crashed on the bunk. My dreams consist of Alex and I frolicking through the venue.

When I woke up the next couple hours later, my face is snuggled in Alex’s chest. I smiled and tried to sink further down into the blanket. His arms wrapped around me. I just finished my song and I know the band will be glad we have something new to add to the new album. I can’t wait until after warped for our tour with The Summer Set and possibly All Time Low. I hope. Because Alex is really starting to grow on me. Alex wakes up a few minutes later and smiles at me.

“Who’s a happy camper who just finished her song?!” he jumps out of the bunk and goes into the main lounge. I follow him and there is All Time Low. Naked except for the white briefs. Alex has on white socks.

“Congrats!” they yell. My first thought was to take a picture, which I did. They did poses and I saved them. The second was to thank them. We are in San Diego and I had to show the guys the song. I ran off the bus in Alex’s clothes and I got a couple whistles from Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens. Mainly Kellin, Vic, Justin, and Mike. I run into my bus and throw down the sharpie. They all look at me.

“Where were you?!” They all asked.

“I just finished a new song!” They all cheered and they told me good news.

“Oli Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon wants you to sing with him on Don’t Go and afterwards we get an interview!” This tour was just getting better by the minute. This was just the steps we need to put our band out there.

“We are celebrating! I hear there’s a Warped party. A couple bands are gonna be there, drinks, food, and cute band members and because of me, Oli asked us to come. All of us and we are all going!!!” Miley said with a toothy grin. There was a loud knock on the door. We all looked towards it. I shrugged and ran to open it. Standing before me was a very, very pissed off Austin.