Chapter Eight

The Balcony Scene

~Vic~

“Don't react when I tell you...And don't react when I tell you...That bright lights mean nothing to you. Cause no one would know the sound of a ghost. And I might be something to you. Beyond beautiful is the sound of a ghost

     Can we lose our minds And call it love for the last time?(Yeah)               My darling never rest Until the darker gets The best of all we had Can the cold carry on?

When the light means nothing to you. Then no one would know. The sound of a ghost. And I might be perfect with you. But no one would know. So tell me, tell me

Have you ever really danced on the edge? Is something still scaring you? Have you ever really danced on the edge? The count of three is up. Have you ever really danced on the edge? All right, then, tell me so. Have you ever really danced on the edge? Just hold my hand and jump

And bright lights mean nothing to you. Cause no one would know the sound of a ghost. Oh, no one would know the sound of a ghost”

I have never felt this way about a girl before. Ellie is just so different and I like different. I love how she’s so independent. Nothing gets past her, and quite frankly, nothing will. She looks at me, her crystal eyes boring into mines.

“Have you ever really danced on the edge?” she mumbled.

“Ellie. I know you probably been hurt before, but I promise you, I will not hurt you. Can we lose our minds and call it love for the last time? And I might be perfect with you, but no one would know. So tell me, tell me.” she began to stutter and fumble with her hands until she smiled at me.

“I trust you.” She nods. “Yes. I’ll be your girlfriend.” She turned around to face me and she placed her lips on mine. I rest my hands on her waist and her arms are over my shoulder. We kissed that night and nothing will ever ruin that moment for me.

~Austin~

It was all over twitter.

@piercethevic congrats!!!!

Ellie Schmitt: @piercethevic have you really danced on the edge?

Vic Fuentes:@ElleSNS yes, the edge of the bus that we kissed on

I can’t believe it. Ellie and Vic are a couple! We can’t even say two nice words to each other! Why was I as dumb as to breaking up with her? I should’ve just told her. She would’ve understood. But I was the dick. I was scared that if I didn’t make it through the surgery, I would never see her again. But it didn’t matter because I did make it through the surgery. And I did want her back. But she was getting a record deal for her band. Then I met Gielle. And it went downhill from there. We got married and things were well, until I went on tour. She cheated on me, got pregnant, had a miscarriage and we divorced. Now I’m touring with the real love of my life who I would love to marry to. But she’s dating Vic. Vic usually has long term relationships. I hate the thought of his hands being on Ellie.

1 new tweet

Megan Lake:@ElleSNS @piercethevic good luck you two. Vic is gonna hurt you and when he does I’ll be the one to laugh my ass off.

That hurt. This person doesn’t know how amazing Ellie is and anybody would be lucky to date her. Dickhead or not!

1 new tweet

David Schmitt: @meganlake67 my sister makes stupid choices, but if she feels like Vic is the one, then he is the one

I rip the cords out of my arm. I dial Alan’s number.

“Hey man, come and get me. This hospital is making me sick.” I change my clothes and wait by the entrance. A million questions running through my mind. But only one person can answer that.

Ellie.