Chapter Four

Title Credit: Lions - LIGHTS

Where is it?! I can’t believe I lost it. I’ve thrown everything out of my bunk and the closet and it’s nowhere in sight. I've searched trhough teh stages we played on these past few days, I've searched in Miley and Ryan's guitar cases, all in their bunks, my own bunk and yet, I still can't find it. My baby.

“It’s ok, we’ll find you another guitar.” Max tried to reassure me. I didn’t need my guitar for yesterday’s performance, but I did today and it was nowhere in sight.

“How? I need it for our performance and that was the only one I brought for the whole tour!” I slapped a hand to my fore head and grabbed my phone and dialed my mom’s number. She watches over my house while I’m on tour sometimes.

“Hey sweetie!” Her cheery voice answers on ring two.

“Mom!” I frantically yell.

“What’s wrong?”

“Is my guitar there? My Fender Rhythm guitar?”

“”Is it all black with purple streaks??” she asked worriedly.

“Yes!”

“Well, yeah, it’s here. On the couch.”

“I forgot to pack it! I need a guitar for our show in an hour!”

“Honey, calm down. Where are you?”

“San Diego.”

“Oh! There’s a good guitar shop there by the beach just buy or rent another one.” I sigh a heavy sigh. “But while I have you, how’d the tour.”

“Oh my gosh, mom,” I gush to her about our performance and singing with Vic and how BMTH want us to do a duet. I tell her about the interview and I even tell her all about Alex.

“Alex seems like a nice man.”

“He is I would so like to get to know him better.” I skip out the part about Austin, but I do tell her about Alan.

“That’s good. Well I got to get back to my job, talk to you later.”

“Okay bye mom.” I’ve always had a good relationship with my mother. I walk into the main lounge and see half my band is missing. Except Max.

“Miley went to talk to Mike about his tattoos. Ryan is at a merch tent flirting with one of the merch girls.” I nod. I grab my phone and my wallet.

“Well, I’m going to buy another guitar.” He flipped me off and turned on the TV. I grabbed my shades and I walked off the bus and began walking outside the venue.

“Ellie!” I turned and saw Alex running my way.

“Hey, what are you doing?” he looked like he was out of breath.

“Going to buy a guitar.”

“Geesh. I didn’t know you had so many tattoos.” I laugh. This was nothing compared to Miley’s.

“Yeah, but two are best friend tattoos. Miley has the same on.” I removed my shoe to reveal a quote on my foot and an anchor on my heel. These were the best friend tattoos Miley and I got when we were 20.

The only piercing I have is the nose ring and the ear clamp. Besides my aviator sunglasses I always wear. “They’re nothing compared to Miley. She has so many tattoos. But it’s cool though.”

“So,” Alex stuck his hands in his front pockets. As if unsure of what to say.

“So?” We were nearing the guitar shop.

“I was wondering, tonight, if you wanted uh, get some coffee tonight?” I looked at him weird. His eyes held a hopeful stare, but mines held a confused.

Coffee? Was there even a Starbucks in a walking distance from here?

“That sounds great, but I promised my band we would go to the party.” I said with a sad smile.

“Wait, I mean,” He sighed and brushed back his hair. “Okay, maybe some other time.” I nodded and ducked into the store.

Weird.

When I walked in, the last person I thought was to be here.

“Vic?” He was with Tony, (I think,) and they were looking at guitars.

“Ellie! Whadya doing here?” I walked to him and gave the two of them a hug. Vic smelled like mint and homey and it made my cheeks flourish with color.

“Buying another guitar. Whadya doing here?” Tony stalked off to the bathroom, leaving us here.

“Just looking around. What kind of guitar are you getting?”

“Well, I had a Fender, but I left it at home and I have no idea.” Vic didn't reply, all he did was smile. At first, it made me blush, but when he kepy smiling, it creeped me out a bit.

“Uhm," He coughed. "Your phone." I furrowed my eyebrows, but then I felt the buzzing from my phone vibrating and took it out.

"What David?" I asked.

"Mom called. Stop by my bus and you can pick up one of my extra guitars." I sighed. Of course she would call. Like the time when I was 16 and started my period. I called her at work, but no, she got my brother to deal with it.

"Alright, I'll be there in five."

"Hey, i'm going to my brother's. See you later?" I asked Vic.

"Yeah, see you at the party." He smiled, shootin me a wink.

I nodded and left.

My heart was out of control. Vic Fuentes, the Vic Fuentes wanted to see me, plain old little me at the party. This is cool. So fucking cool!

I fist pumped the air as I walked back to BC's bus. I knocked five times, signaling it was me and not the police (unlike last time) and the door open and odor of weed hit me.

My brother stood in the doorway, joint in one hand, guitar in the other.

"Want a hit?" He asked.

"I don't want to be high before a set David." I sighed. He shrugged his shoulders and handed me the guitar.

"Suit yourself." I roll my eyes with a small laugh and trudge back to my bus.

I I had to find something to wear to the show. Heck I need to find something to wear tonight!

Once in the comfort of my bunk, I begin to throw clothes out of the closet. Random clothes that I didn’t even know I brought. I finally found something that seems somewhat presentable.

“Knock, knock!” Vic was standing in my doorway with the bigges smile on his face.

“Get out! I have to get dress.”

“But I wanna walk you to the stage.” He gave me a puppy face.

“Fine! But turn around.” I put on my jeans and shirt. I tell Vic he can look and I put my jacket and shoes on. I put the guitar in the case. I check the time.

“Shit! Vic I have to be on the other side in five minutes!” I stuff my notebook in the case and Vic takes my hand. Our fingers are laced together as we run past people. Vic is bumping and shoving fans out the way and I’m here running and jumping in heels. We make it back stage.

“One minute guys!” Vic gets out the guitar and helps me strap it on. He hands microphone.

“3o seconds!” the stage manager yells.

“Go knock them dead!” Vic kisses me on the cheek and I walk out on stage.

I can never get over the feeling of walking on stage and seeing thousands of people who love music. My music.

Without them, I wouldn't be here on this stafe.