Chapter Forty

Congratulations

I stood in front of the microphone in the studio booth as the track played out. I had the lyrics written on a piece of paper and I was about to sing Cassadee’s part.

So many reasons to live, I need to let them show. I’ve made the hardest mistakes, I need to let them go.

Devin’s vocals quickly replaced mine as the bridge was coming. The music was quickly filled and my part was coming. I love this sound. The vibe of this song. This is amazing. I felt the bridge end and my part came. I gave it my all.

Let yourself go. This is the only time to feel alive. This brings me out to you and I’ll say. I’ll scream it till my heart comes out of my chest. And leave it to the music to transcend the rest.  This life is just a perfect fit.

So many reasons to live, I need to let them show. I’ve made the hardest mistakes; I need to let them go.

Devin’s vocals filled in again and the bridge. My adrenaline was pumping and right now, I feel like I could do anything. Especially with Devin singing along.

Let yourself go. This is the only time to feel alive. This brings me out to you and I’ll say.

Devin’s vocals mixed in with mine.

I’ll scream it till my heart comes out of my chest. And leave it to the music to transcend the rest.  This life is just a perfect fit.

The music cut off and I was greeted by cheers and applauds.

“That was amazing!” Devin spoke through the other side. “Okay. So, there’s an interview you need to be at after going over things with Mark.” I nod. “He’ll be here I thirty minutes, so go nuts and look around.”

“Thanks Devin.” I take off the headphones and set them on the mic. I walk out of the studio and take a look around Sumerian. I hadn’t even noticed it was so close to my house. The building wasn’t as large as Rise, but it was big enough to get lost. Walking backwards I looked at the studio I just came out of. Records hangs on every wall. Guitars hanging by strings, pictures of bands on every other wall. Something bumps into me. As I was getting ready to apologize the thing speaks.

“Nice meeting you again.” The York accent speaks. I turn around and jump in his arms.

“Ben!” he crashes his lips against mine. “What are ya doing here?” I ask after pulling away.

“Interview. What are you doing here?”

“Guess who’s getting signed to Sumerian!” I put my hands up and shake them in a surprise kinda way.

“You are? Cool.”

“So, where’s the rest of your band?”

“Sound check. Doing some recording. Were you looking around?” he asks.

“Uhm, yeah I kinda was.” He laced his fingers through mine.

“I can show you around?” he asks.

“Sure.” I felt the blood rushing in my cheeks. You’re a slut, a whore. Get over it.

His words still taunt me. I’m not a slut, or am I?

Ben drags me and begins pointing out studios and records. he told me what each award meant and why certain guitars hang from the ceiling. At the end of the “tour” we reached the place where the interview would start. Sitting in a spinning chair was Mark.