Chapter Nineteen

Chemical Kids And Mechanical Brides

I woke up to the screaming nascence of my band. My current spot, the couch it feels, was becoming more and more uncomfortable. I used my elbows to prop myself up, but it came out as a grunt and a groan. I slumped back down and the wind left my body. I felt around for my phone, which is under my ass, and pulled it out. I looked into the screen and gasped. My cheek had a nasty bruise on it and my nose and under my eyes are a deep purple. There was a little blood coming from my nose. I unlocked my screen and saw several missed calls and texts. I read the first one.

Unknown: hey Ellie, it’s Juliet. I was checking to see how are you, since I kinda saw you drop. Text me back as soon as you can.

I saved the number under the contact Juliet and read the next text.

Alan: shit girl. Are you okay? Call me.

Kellin: how are you? We saw the video that your merch girl put on youtube.

That little bitch! Oh well I’ll deal with that later.

Brother: hey sis. Are you okay, we heard what happen. Text me.

My back ache. My lips ache. Gosh, why did I let them talk me into getting another tattoo and piercing when I was going to fall fifteen feet to my death? I text back David, since he was probably being a complete ass.

Ellie: just woke up. Everything is sore. Not only from the tattoo and lip ring, but my stomach aches and my face is bruised.

He responded almost instantly.

Brother: you got another tattoo?! And lip ring?! I swear I’m gonna choke Andy! Well how do you look?

I take a pic of my bruised my face and send it to him. Then I go to finish reading my texts.

Ronnie: how you holding up?

Loser ex whose number I can’t delete: hey, are you okay? I heard what happen. I’m proud you got back up there and performed. Rise records saw the video and I gave them your number. Expect a call soon.  Be safe……..love you. </3 okay, a little cliché. Anyway, get better.

Austin? Being cliché? Wow. He really has changed. I change his contact name to Austin and read on.

Mexican BF: hey babe. Are you okay? Call or face time me asap.

Andy: you make yo daddy proud. Good job at breaking five ribs. Love ya. Face time me.

First, I call back Juliet. We talk for a few minutes and she tells me how awesome I sounded. Then she tells me how she saw me just vanish in the space. I laugh a little and we talk about arranging times for us to hang out. I text back everyone else telling them I’ll talk to them later and I face time Andy first.

“Hey, how you doing?’ he says in a fake New Jersey accent.

“Look at my face Andy! It will never be pretty again.” He chuckles. I just glare at him.

“Relax. You took a pretty nasty fall. You broke five ribs. Three on your left, two on your right. You broke more than I did. But because of you getting back up to perform, your show in California is blowing through the roof.” He takes his arms and jerks them back for action. I smile, but quickly diminish it because my face began to throb.

“I’m surprised I didn’t break my leg.”

“Close, twisted ankle.” I gave him a confused look, but when I looked at my leg, my left leg, my ankle was in a cast.