Chapter Twenty

I'm Low On Gas And You Need A Jacket

Coldness. I really would love to stick my head in freezing cold water in an glacier. But for now, I will settle for an ice pack. We canceled our shows, but we promised to make them part of our Headline tour to make it up for the two cities we missed. So now we’re driving through Nevada to get to our show in California. My face is healing pretty well and my ribs, but my ankle still hurts. Vic says he couldn’t wait to see us because our band is doing a duet to promote our album. There are six bands, including us making seven.

Pierce the Veil, Falling in Reverse, Breathe Carolina, We Are In the Crowd, Memphis May Fire, and You Me At Six. We haven’t met the last three bands so we’re pretty excited to see them. Miley walked through the lounge and sat in the chair across from me.

“How’s that pretty little face healing?” she asked. I laughed. Lately, she’s been calling me pretty little face so she can make me feel pretty again.

“Healing nice and steady.” I go through my twitter feed. “Are you excited to meet the bands?” I ask.

“Totally. I’ve been listening to some of their music and I love You Me At Six’s Bite My Tongue with Oli. It’s amazing. I really want to meet them.” She bounced.

“So. What about your hair and tan?” I take a pic and post to twitter, smiling gets me through. With all the cover up I have on, it’s hard to tell I bashed my face at all.

“Slight tan. Pale is cute. But not too pale. I want my hair multi-color.” She gets up to get a beer and plops next to me. she takes my phone and takes a pic of herself.

“You have a pretty face, especially with black hair. It brings out your eyes.” I blush. Good thing I have lots of cover up. My phone buzzed and began to play the specific ring tones I set. This one is playing Shadow Moses, so I know it’s Oliver calling.

“Hello?” I say in my “my body is aching but I’m really happy that I can’t kill you until I see you in person” voice.

“Hey, Ellie. So guess who’s on the bus with us while we drive around about.” This didn’t sound like Oliver.

“Matt?” out the corner of my eye, I saw Miley eying me weird.

“Yea.” He says. There’s a giggle in the background that is a little too high for it to be a man’s giggle. Trust me, I’ve heard Austin giggle.

“Who’s in the background?” I ask.

“That’s what I wanted to-”

“OLI!!!!”  screams a girl.

“Matt. Start explaining.” I get up from my spot on the couch and hop my way to the bunks. I wave to the guys and sit  next to Max.

“Oliver’s ex-girlfriend showed up at our show and now she won’t leave, but we had to keep going. We’re trying to find a spot to ditch her about.” I gape my mouth open. Well one, I had no idea what he said, sort of. Like why does he always adds about at the end of s sentence. Second, well, she could get kidnapped!

“You guys can’t drop her off at some random city! She could get raped!” there was two snickers in the background. “Shut up Matt and Jordan!” the keyboard Matt begins to laugh while the Matt on the phone groans. “Just ditch her at a concert!” Max yells into the receiver.

“Or put her on the wrong tour bus.” Ryan pitches in.

“MATTY BOO WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO???!?!?!” I bring the phone away from my ear.

“Oliver’s girlfriend’s friend.”

“OLI HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!?!” next thing you know her voice is in my ear.