Chapter Thirty-Five

It's just a filler chap to explain Ellie's feelings. ***copyrights on the lyrics Ellie is singing. They are MINE***

Where Is My Head

~Miley~

My best friend is in pain. So much pain. It breaks my heart to see her in this state. At least she isn’t cutting. Her other option is writing and right now she’s been locked in the studio writing and testing out chords. She may be the oldest, but she is also the weakest. It's ironic, being the oldest at 25, and Max being the youngest at 21, he acts like a big brother towards her. And it hurts to see her break down so easy. Right now she needs someone who understands her pain. I walk to her room and bang on the door.

He opens and I haven’t realize how freaking tall his is.

Jesus.

He must be like 6”5’.

Snap out of it Miley.

“Austin, Ellie is hurting, please I’m begging you, talk to her.” his chocolate orbs stare into mine. They’re hard to read, but the pain isn’t hard to distinguish.

“Austin, please.”  My voice breaks at the end. “Please. This is not supposed to happen! We’re all supposed to have happy endings! Just do it, for her.” my voice cracks. He looks at me and nods. I walk out the way as he walks down to where Ellie is.

~Austin~

“I’m sorry for the things I’ve done. Can I redeem my life? Are take backs even allowed?” Ellie quietly sings to herself while writing it down. Her hair has been thrown into a messy bun and black streaks line her face. Her hands are constantly shaking, but when they touch the guitar, they stop. She becomes alive. The door was cracked a bit so I opened it further and leaned against the door way. “Can your return be bought because, because,” her voice starts to crack.

“I’d give the world to see your face.” I say for her. She turns around and the color drains from her face.

“What?” she stutters.

“How about this,” I sit next to her. “Start playing.” She looks at me and raises her eyebrows before plucking chords.

“I’m sorry for the things that I’ve done. Can I redeem my life? Oh-oh. Are take backs even allowed? Whoaaa oh! Can your return be bought, cause I’d give the world to see you again.” She looks at me with pure happiness.

“You have a beautiful voice when you’re not screaming.” She smirks.

“You have a beautiful voice when you are screaming.” I walk over and hug her. “Be happy.” Is all I say.

“Well, I can’t be happy. I’m nervous.” She whispers.

“Don’t be. They’ll love you.” I rub her shoulders.

“Of course. I know that.”

“I’m confused.”

“Austin. I want to know your feelings. What are you feeling right now?”

“About what?” I sit down next to her.

“Just, tell me how you felt when you first got signed.” She leans her head on my shoulder.

“Man it felt amazing. It’s like finding your place on the world and feeling belonged.” I lean my head back, remembering when Attack Attack! Got signed. It was the most amazing feeling ever. I smile at the memory. The feeling of getting somewhere.

“What if you felt like it wasn’t the right choice?” I look at her.

“You don’t want to be signed?”