Epilouge

Everything Has Changed

I could feel myself drowning. I could feel the water fill my lungs and mouth. The darkness was ripped away from me and the cold, harsh reality of what had just happened flooded back. I screamed out as the cold water engulfed me again, pulling me under. I opened my eyes and seen the haze of water around me. I made it to the surface and laughed at myself. The alcohol had made me delirious.

“She sits up high! Surrounded by the sun! ONE MILLION BRANCHES AND SHE HATES EVERYONE!!!!!” I sang out. I cried as more waves passed over my head. I spun around in the water and laughed when I had the air to.

“Lying, cheating. Think I don't know what you did? Lying, cheating. Think I don't know what you did?” I screamed out more. “Have many long to breathe, the dead are listening, buried you with my faith, these few last words regret to say. Can't do this on my own, I can't be all alone, I've held my tongue for far too long this silence kills me...” I screamed out. I felt myself being grabbed. I was spun around in the water and seen Austin inches away from me. I pushed him away from me and slipped under again. He pulled me up and I sung out again. “Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights. And I just want to fade away into the sky under the sea. A million kissed underwater as we walk into the ocean.” I grabbed his head and pulled him under the water and kissed him. He didn't react. Just let me kiss him. We both surfaced again and I giggled.

“Do you see me at all under the tall waves?” I sung. He closed his eyes and began to pull me towards the edge of land near the cliff. "Do you see me at all?" I sung out and pulled myself under the water again.

He just picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey put me down" I screamed. He ignored me and finally pulled us both out of the water. He placed me on the ground and shook his hair off. I looked up at him hazily. "I never thought you'd be capable of suicide Ellie." He just looked down at me. I pulled myself to my feet. "Suicide? I wasn't killing myself" I said crossing my arms over my chest. "You were drunk, standing on a cliff. Do you know where that ocean leads to?” he said harshly.

“No.” I bluntly replied.

He came right up for my face. “High tide. A fucking high tide and massive currents! It could’ve pulled you under and you would’ve drowned.” He said completely serious.

"Oh can we go?" I said excited and began to walk over to jump in the water again. He just grabbed me and pulled me into his arms. I tried pushing against him but he was too strong. "Get off me" I said pushing against him. "I said, GET FUCKING OFF ME" I screamed up at him. He didn't move or let me go. I began to cry and fall downwards.

He sat us down and held onto me as I cried. Why did he do this to me? "This is your fault. This is your entire fault" I said over and over. He just nodded and cried. Eventually I heard voices.

“Austin! You down there?” Phil called.

“Yeah I got her.” he called back.

He held me in his arms and began walking. I didn't say anything. Not a word. When we got to the beach I remembered I was angry at Austin and climbed out of his arms. "Ellie you're drunk, just let him carry you. We'll be back to the house quicker that way" Alan said looking into my eyes. "I don't want to go back there" I whispered. Shayley came over to me and looked into my eyes. "Come on kid, we're gonna go for a walk" I nodded and we started walking in a different direction. He put his hoody around me and we found a log to sit on.

"Why did you jump?" He asked. I looked up at him. "I didn't mean to... I was devastated and when I saw the cliff I thought of Dark In my Imagination. It became haunting and daring. ‘But I don’t wanna think about it now. I know I won’t get out if I’m falling'. I needed it. When you guys came running you scared me and I fell" I explained. He sighed and looked up at me.