Chapter Thirty-Four

Have I posted a pic of Max? Nope. Didn't think so. well it's on the side, P.S this is a very sad chapter. So, yeah.

Second & Sebring

~David~

“Dude what the hell are you doing?! The freaking road is the other way you dipshit!” Kyle and I we’re playing some weird game, Call Of Duty I think. He was being the stupid person he was and walked the opposite way of the road!

“Dude look out for the-” Boom! Boom! Boom! “-fucking gun.” I threw the controller down and faced Kyle. “Man! You suck at video games!” Kyle and I got into a full blow argument. He ended up yelling these words.

“You cheater!”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.” I tackled him to the ground. I grabbed a shoe from under the bed and began beating him in the back.

“Take…..that…..back….you……frigging…….loser…..” his hand shot under the bed and then he was beating me with a shoe. Now standing, we were hitting each other with a shoe like girls.

“You suck!” I yell.  He smirks at me and throws the shoe at me. I duck as it flies through our now open door.

“Whoa! Hey! What’s is going on in here?” I look to see that drummer in Ellie’s band. Matt I think.

“Oh, Matt.” I said as I take another swing at Kyle.

“Yeah, it’s Max.” Kyle slapped me upside with the shoe.

“You frigging piece of no excuse for a game player!” He opens his mouth to fire back but we were stopped by another yell coming from down the hall.

“Then why the hell did you leave in the first place?!” it was my little, arrogant sister. We heard another shout and identified the other person as Austin. There were more shouts and screaming.

“Let’s go spy on them.” Matt suggested. We all crept down the hall and Matt cracked the door open some. With Matt on the bottom, I got on his back to see clearly and Kyle just towered over head. Ellie was standing up now as was Austin and they were just firing back comments. Ellie’s hair kept swaying back and forth as she talked with her hands, a common thing for her when she’s arguing.

“I’m sorry okay?!” he yelled back. He began rambling on about his story of why he left. My best friend left us because he didn’t want my sister to worry.

“Well that’s good to know!” she yelled. My knee started to itch and I kept rubbing it on Matt’s back. I looked back to see their faces attached to each other’s. Then my knee just jerked, making me fall and Matt standing. Austin and Ellie turned our way and the color drained from her face. She burst out of the room and ran down stairs grabbing her keys in the process.

“Ellie!” Austin called as he trailed after her. Kyle and Matt shot me looks. I just shrugged and went to trail after them. “Ellie?!” Austin called again. She was at the door now.

“I’m sorry.” She called before slamming the door shut. Austin lost it. He ran up the stairs, then back down with a notebook in hand and he ran to the studio. It was sound proof so we couldn’t hear him. But I knew Austin too well. I know he’s crying. I grabbed my car keys, knowing where she went.

~Ellie~

I stood in front of the house that is now built over my burnt home. The lady who lives here peeked from her blinds, making sure it was only me. I looked down at the ground to see some black smudges left. This is all that remains of the place I once called home. Driving here to Long Beach took a while, but it was all worth it. I fell to my knees, only for them to be touched by soft gentle grass, not hard concrete in which I had cried on. I dig my nails into the earth and pick up chunks of grass and dirt, only to toss them back into the ground. I did this process over and over until it hit me that I was crying. I got up; jeans dirty by dirt, hands covered in it. I drove to my dad’s place.