Chapter Twelve

Life As We Know It

I walk back to the bus to put on more cover up. I touch the spot where Austin’s lips touched. I smile. I walk outside with a positive new attitude. I walk on set and realize the fans outside. I can hear them chant outside. I walk onstage and grab my notebook from my open guitar case. I write a couple more lyrics. I think this will make the perfect chorus.

I had die every day waiting for you.

Darling don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years

I’ll love you for a thousand more

It was a song I’ve been working on for a year. It is about Austin. I never really had the guts to show anyone the song or even hum it. Miley knows me too well. She’ll pick it up and automatically know whose it about. So I never show it to any of them. I only work on it when I’m alone.

“Ellie!” I drop the pen and notebook. I quickly shove it in my case and turn around. Miley was grinning at me. She peered her head behind me. “Are you writing a new song for the album?”

“NO!” I scream. She jumps back at my sudden burst of energy. “I mean,” I gather myself. “It’s just a song. Nothing much.”

“Oh, let me read!”

“NO!” she looks at me again. I’m giving up away too much information. “I mean, it’s not done yet. No one, I mean no one can read it.” She nods, but gives me a questioning look. She walks away and I relax. I walk away to the grass and sing.

“Heart beats fast colors and promises. How to brave? How can I love when I’m afraid to fall but watching you stand alone. All of my doubts suddenly gores away somehow. One step closer. I had died every day waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid I’ve have loved you for a thousand years I’ll love you for a thousand more.

Time stands still beauty in all she is. I will be brave I will not let anything take away what’s standing in front of me every breath every hour has come to this. One step closer I had died every day waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid, I’ve have loved you for a thousand years, I’ll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believe I will find you time has brought your heart to me I’ve had loved you for a thousand years, I ‘ll love you for a thousand more……..” humph. It need more.

“That was amazing.” I turn around and scream.

“Vic, what are you doing here? Go away! Shoo! Shoo!” I yell at him, swiping my hands towards him.

“What’s wrong? Am I not supposed to hear the song?” he challenges.

“NO! no one is! Now go!” I said, tears on the brim of my eyes.

“Why? Who is it about?” he asks stepping forward.

“Don’t worry about it. Go away Vic.” Tears are slowly trailing down my face. This song always gets me emotionally. It has so much meaning in it. So much that they will never understand.

“Ellie-” I cut him off with a hand.

“Not now Vic.” I get up and walk away. It seems that lately, no one understands how much history me and Austin had together. The only way I can really explain it is through lyrics, but I can’t let anyone see them. They’ll think the opposite.

“My eyes. Have once again, been proven wrong. Your cloud. Your blanket and my pity song.” I love Passion Pit. One day I hope to meet them or even better tour with them. I remember that one date Austin took me on. It was at a park. We walked the bridge and looked at the creek below. Passion Pit was playing and at the time, I didn’t know who they were. But soon I fell in love with them. “……Now slowly leave my memory.”