Chapter Thirty-Nine

With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear

Surfing. I hate it. Well I love it, but now I hate it.

I also hate how Austin described Gielle. He said and I quote;

“She’s like the waves. Unpredictable, cool, calming, beautiful. Something everyone loves.” Since then, I haven’t really talked to Austin. Just Jolie and Katelynne. It’s midnight now. Alan is throwing a party at the beach, which includes drinking. So the girls and I decided to stay back. Kenadee and Copeland were asleep, so we’re just watching TV and doing girl talk.

“Oh my god, Daniel Sharman is so hot!” Katelynne squealed. Our girl talk was really watching seasons of Teen Wolf. Derek is now ripping his shirt off and howling into the night.

“I swear Kellin needs to work out more.” She sighs and takes another spoonful of ice-cream.

“Tell me about it. It’s hard to get Mitch to workout. Unless you get him a tattoo after.” She giggles. I laugh at this too. Mitch is a really cool guy. Like an older brother. He’s funny and he’s an amazing father. So is Kellin but Kellin is just Kellin. Weird, creepy, and when drunk, weirder.

“So, who’s the guy in your life?” Katelynne nudges me with her elbow, not taking her eyes off the now shirtless Tyler Posey.

“No one now.” My dad’s words still haunt me. “I’m supposed to be meeting Devin for coffee tomorrow. But that’s not even a date.” It can’t be because I’m supposed to fall in love with Andy, Vic, or Austin. And right now, Austin and I are not on good terms.

“Oh come one! We know you like Austin.” Jolie pipes in.

“Yeah. That’s all Kellin talks about is how you and Austin should be together. But then again he thinks Vic is secretly gay, so I don’t know.” I laugh.

“Guyssss.” I hold out the ‘s’. “I can’t date him even if I wanted too! It’s against Rise Records.” I slump further down the couch and stare at Allison. She’s so bitchy in my opinion.

“Tell us how you feel woman!” Jolie and Katelynne stare at me.

“Describe Austin in three words.” Katelynne orders. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

“Uhm, okay?” I tie my hair up into a quick bun and think.

“Caring.” I say out the top of my head.

“Okay, what else?” Jolie asks from the floor. I flick some popcorn at her face.

“Hold on woman!” I giggle. “He’s funny talented, and lazy.” I blurt out.

“Funny how?” Katelynne flicks ice cream at my face.

“I love how when he cracks a joke, he has so much enthusiasm in it. That smile, it’s adorable. And when his eyes have that glimmer in them.” I think about that one joke he asked me at Warped.

“How much does a polar bear weight?”

“Austin no,”

“Answer!”

“I don’t know.”

“Enough to break the ice!”

I giggle.

“Aw, Elizabeth’s in love.” Jolie sings. I put my hands to my cheeks to hide the color rushing into them. I roll to my side to hide from their taunting.

“Katelynne,” I whine. She opens her mouth to answer, but the front door is slammed open by a drunk Austin and a tipsy Kellin. Jolie’s attention snaps up the stairs.