Chapter Twnety-Three

Caraphernelia

~Max

“Well. This should be…..uh, fun?” even Miley didn’t know what to think of this. I wonder what Oli would think. “How much until we get to our next venue?” she asked me, I tried to grab my phone, but my hand kept touching Andy’s hand, which he kept jerking away, making it difficult.

“Be still!” I hissed. He grunted, but obeyed. I took my phone out and checked the time, three in the afternoon. I groaned. “About another 24 hours.” Everyone groaned. They should feel lucky as cheese; I have Andy for God’s sakes!!!!

“Well, to pass the time, how about a movie?” Kyle asked, he handcuffed himself to Josh.

“Yeah!” Max yelled. Ryan was twitching, hands are shaking, but he didn’t want anyone to see it, I could tell by the way he cracked his knuckles.

“SAW!!!” all of the WCAR guys yelled. My band nodded in agreement, so did I, but I hate Saw. It’s scary. Last time I watched it was with Austin…….

I used my free hand to wipe a tear. A squeeze on my thigh shocked me as Andy looked at me with concerned eyes. I put on a fake smile and turned my attention to the movie. Well, I really couldn’t pay attention; everything about this movie reminded me of Austin. Even when they cut their wrist to fill the thingy up with blood, it made me want Austin next to me. my hands began to shake as I tried to hold in my tears. A sniffle escapes my throat and I looked around to see if anyone noticed.

No one.

Good.

Except for Andy.

He looked at me, but I ignored it. But I couldn’t ignore the warm feeling of his hands, the handcuffed one, sliding its way into my hand. Our fingers lacing together as he gave them a tight squeeze. I didn’t know what to do, do I squeeze back? Why should I? He is a jerk! Before I could do anything, he quickly snatched back his hand and he glared at me. Nice to know some things never change.

~Andy~

Andy dude what the hell is wrong whit you?!?! You see her cry and hold her hand?! Why?! She doesn’t like you and never will!!! But I did anyway. I heard her sob, so I decided to hold her hand. I didn’t know if it was the movie or what. But as soon as I did, I realized after I squeezed it, she wasn’t going to do anything about it. So being the dumbass I am, I snatched it back. She rolled her eyes and took out her phone. The lock screen is a pic of her and Austin Carlile kissing. She quickly unlocked her screen and went to her messaged. Most of them were blown up by Austin and Alan. I caught some key words like sorry, can we talk, I wonder what happened. She saw me looking and she locked her screen. But a message brightened the screen up, revealing the two kissing. It was a message from Austin. She sighed. So, I did what I would do, I snatched her phone.

“Andy, hand me my phone.” I slid the screen unlocked, typing in her passcode I saw her enter, and typed a reply. “Andy, I don’t want to be this close to either, so like you, I want you to respect my privacy and hand me my phone!” she hissed low enough for only me to hear. But I ignored her and typed a reply.

Hey Austin, Andy here from WCAR. Ellie would really appreciate it if you stopped texting her, we’re trying to enjoy our time together. ;)

I sent the message and Austin didn’t reply. I handed the phone to Ellie who had a smirk plastered on her. I turned to look at her and our eyes locked for the second time since we met. Before I could stop myself the words rolled out of my mouth.

“If you are checking me out, I would appreciate it  if you stop, you’re not my type.” As soon as I said it, I regretted it. Dummy! Why would you say that! She turned her attention back to the movie but she was fiddling her phone with her fingers. I saw a tear hit the phone screen. I turned my attention to the movie and mentally killed myself.

~Ellie~

Why does everything he says affect me? it shouldn’t because I don’t care for him. But I’ve been hurt enough to know that it will always hurt. When my dad died,  I got myself into horrible relationships. Now Andy feels like an ex-boyfriend with the rude remarks and glares. He acts sweet one minute and a complete jerk the next. When the movie ended, about ten, we watch the whole Saw series! Go me!, everyone went to bed. Except Andy, who had to pee.

“I’m not going in there while you piss!” I yelled. I didn’t want to leave the couch, nice and comfy, to watch him pee.

“Well, then I hope you like the smell of pee on your clothes.” I groaned and got up with him to the bathroom.

“Why can’t you hold it like everyone else?!” I whisper-yell.

“Because, I’m not like everyone else.” He says bluntly. I didn’t know what to say. He dragged us to the bathroom, where I sit on the counter while he pees. When I thought he wasn’t looking, I noticed the tattoo right where the line to his, buddy, is. The tattoo says. “Say Ahhhh” weird.

It took all my might not to stare, but when he was done, I was forced to wash hands with him. While washing our hands, the back of our hands touched, both of us froze. I felt his fingers trying to lace with my fingers. But the moment was ruined when he came to his senses. He snatched his hand away and dried it. I quietly chuckled to myself. I’m being more of an idiot to think that he has a nice side.

When we got back to the couch, we decided to watch TV. When I say decided, I mean argue over who gets the remote. I snatched it from him and began flicking through the channels when he stops me.

“Ellie.” I look at him but he’s looking at my free arm. The one covered in scars. I forgot about it!

“I-uh-it’s,”

“What happened?” he asked.

“Why do you care?” I snap. “You do nothing but make me feel worse anyway.”

“I’m sorry.” I haven’t cut in three days, since Andy came. I was going to the day me and Vic broke up, but Andy always preoccupies my mine. I get up, dragging me with him to go to bed. I climb the bunk and face the wall. Andy spoons me and before I fall under I hear him whisper two words to me.

“You’re beautiful.”

That snaps me awake.

“Andy?” I questioned. But the soft snore from behind me indicates that he has fallen asleep. How am I gonna go to sleep when my enemy has told me the sweetest thing ever? Andy’s grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me closer.

Does he really think I’m beautiful?

I don’t allow myself to think. I just snuggle myself closer in his arms and fall asleep.