Chapter Five

I pulled up my black shorts and slipped on my boots. I made sure I had my stage pass, otherwise I would lose it somewhere. Tonight was the party and Miley left with Oli already and Max and Ryan are waiting for me.

I put my shades and trudge out the bunk. I wanted to collaspe on my bunk and sleep, but, Vic was waiting for me, that gave me enough reason to get up. They all look at me.

“Deal with it.” We walk out and head towards the SWS bus. Drinks were already being passed out. Kellin handed me a red cup and quickly downed his. I spotted Miley trading saliva with Oli.

Gross.

I bump into someone. Right when I’m getting ready to yell, he looks at me.

“Damn.” He smirks. I swat his arm.

“Not so bad yourself Fuentes.” I punched him in the arm.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me?” he kept his attention on the ground. I stopped for a moment. Not because his quesiton got me off gaurd, but the fact that I felt a pair of eyes on me.

“Sure.” He towed me to the beach. I can see what he’s wearing. Black skinny jeans, a gray tank-top, and a snapback. We sat on the sand and laid back.

The sand felt cool beneath the skin and the soothing sound of the ocean calmed me down. Espeically my heartbeat.

“So, how are ya liking Warped so far?” That was a tough question.

To be honest, not so well. My thoughts were always on the one person who broke me. I’m stressing out over writing songs on time, but otherwise dandy-fucking-tastic.

“Great, yea.” Vic propped himself on his elbow and faced me.

“I can tell you’re lying.” The wind blew my hair in my face. he moved it from my sunglasses. “Why do you hide your eyes?” I shrugged. He removed the sunglasses and set them down. I stared into his brown eyes. It was if they were melting. He smiled at me. “You have beautiful eyes.” He leaned in a little. Was this really fucking happening?! Was Vic Fuentes really going to kiss me?!

“Holy fuck.” I muttered. I looked back up at him as he sat up slightly, bringing his face closer to mine. Neither one of us said anything more because there were no more words left to be said. He continued to lean up and he moved his hand away from my chin, sliding it along my jawline until he placed it on the side of my cheek. I locked eyes with him, getting lost in the pool of warm brown as I instinctively began to lean down to meet him. Our lips touched and I let my eyes close as I took in the new feeling of having his lips against my own.

The kiss started out as innocent and would have been nothing more than a quick peck but as he started to pull away, something in me clicked and I brought my hands up to grip his face as I deepened the kiss, running my tongue along his bottom lip. He let out a soft, almost inaudible groan as he pulled me closer to him, his hand once again moving to tangle in my hair. Our lips danced together in an almost hungry desperation, neither of us seeming to realize just how bad wanted this until then.

Just as I began to pull away I gently tugged on Vic’s bottom lip, securing it between my teeth as I pulled away and I detached our lips, releasing his lip as I leaned back and bit my own lip, shocked that I had actually just done that because I had absolutely no idea what came over me.

“Wow,” Vic breathed, finally opening his eyes to look at me.

My cheeks burned and I swear I was as red as a tomato as Vic looked over at me, his face coating over in a mixture of shock, awe, embarrassment and maybe a little bit of confusion.

“I’m s-”

“Don’t you dare try and apologize for that.” He said quickly, shaking his head in awe.

I giggled and nodded before I ducked back down, my cheeks still hot from my sudden burst of affection and I went back to the position I had been in before, my head resting on his chest. He let out another small, almost shocked laugh before he relaxed back into the sand. I smiled and even though I knew that there was still so much that I needed to figure out, still so much left unknown, as Vic wrapped his arms around me once again and pulled me closer, I knew Warped was where I belonged.

“What?!” Next thing you know Vic was tossed off of me and I was being lifted up. David was next to me while Austin was trying to drown Vic. I got up and ran towards them, sand being split apart as my feet separated them. I sprang on Austin’s back until I was on his head and flipped him over into the water. I went under with him and we both resurface, my eyes burning with anger.

“Austin. Carlile!” I yell in between breaths.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” My brother and Austin say at the same time.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yell.

“You kissed Vic!”

“So!”

“Not Vic! I don’t trust him!” David yell.

“Well! I don’t trust Austin!” I point at him, my cheeks flaming.

“What were you thinking?” Austin turns the table on me.

“I’m trying to work on not getting too emotionally invested in people!” I yell. A crowd was forming and one figure stuck out more than another, Kellin.

“Oh and kissing Vic was?”

“Why do you care?” I snap. “Austin you broke up with me over two years ago! Why the hell do you fucking care who I kiss?! Why don’t you go with Gielle and suck tongues with her!” Everyone gasp. Even though I don’t know who she is, she must have some toll on him. His face drops completely. From anger to shame to pure sorrow. “Because my life is none of your god damn business!!! Stay the hell away from me and leave me alone! Remember what I told you all those years ago? It still stands. I hate you!” I turn to David and I lose my temper.

“Who are you to control my life?! I can date who I want! I’m not a child anymore. I’m 25 for god sakes!”  I drag my soaked self-off the beach and shove past the crowd. I barge onto my bus, slamming the door so hard that it didn’t even stay shut.

I snatch clothes from my bunk and stalk off to the ATL bus. I change into pajamas and sit on the bottom bunk that is Alex’s. I let it sink all in. It was the most perfect night. I got a guitar, I killed my performance, I kissed Vic, but then, Austin and my brother interfere. I cry for the first time in a while. Usually I would want to cut. But my razor is on the other bus and I’m too tired to get it. I fall asleep before I know it.