Chapter Thirty-Two

Waiting

~Ellie~

I walked to the PTV bus after being harassed on Twitter. I had Austin with me and we wanted to know if Tony was coming with us to Starbucks. I knock on the door and lean against it.

*BAM*

“Que comían todos los bocadillos?!?!?!” Vic’s voice rang throughout the bus. I look at Austin, but he’s too busy trying to peek through the windows.

“Man I don’t know! Probably Jaime since he was the last one in the kitchen.” Mike reassures.

*BANG*

“Jaime! Conseguir su culo de aquí!!!!” Vic screams.

“I swear I aint do shit this time! Tony de mentir! He lost your beanie!”

“It wasn’t even Tony! It was Mike-my beanie? I’m talking about the last bag of chips Jaime!!!! ¿por qué se come Jaime!!!” Mike opened the door when we heard another noise.

*BAM*

“Hey guys. Tony can’t come. We’re in a bit of a situation.” Mike rolls his eyes before running off to the back. Jaime then bursts through the door, pushing me to the side.

“Sorry Ellie!” he begins to run to who knows where. Vic jumps off the bus, his eyes scanning the venue. He spots me and smiles.

“Hey Ellie. Where’s Jaime?”  I shrug my shoulders as he sticks his hand out to help me.

“I dunno. He took off that way-”

“Thanks!” he takes off running where I pointed, knocking me over again. My shades plop off my face.

“So, Starbucks?” Austin asks. I get up for the second time, brushing any and all dirt from my pants, putting my sunglasses back on. Checking the time to make sure we have enough time, we walk outside the venue for a second time, heading the opposite way.

“So, are you excited?” Austin asks.

“About what?”

“Getting singed!” I mean, duh, I was excited. I can work more closely with Kellin and Austin. I mean, Kellin is amazing and since I’m doing unclean and clean vocals, working with both of them could be really amazing. And working close with Kellin means I get to meet his fiancé and daughter, which I am so excited about. And I get to spend more time with Alan  and the guys, so duh. I’m excited. And I can meet matty again, because he seems like an awesome guy.

“But what if I don’t get signed?” I ask.

“What!” he voice booms, scaring me. He glances at me. “Sorry.” He mutters. “But of course you will get signed. You are an amazing singer and your band is awesome. Well, I wouldn’t know. I haven’t talked to any of them, but they seem amazing on stage.” I let out a snort. “Plus they are gonna have to sign you.” He says as we enter Starbucks.

Have to?

“Why?” I tug on his shirt as he orders two caramel Frappuccino’s.  we take a window booth and he begins to talk.

“Whether they notice it or not, you will be the first female band signed to Rise Records who has a variety of vocal range. Most bands have a clean and unclean vocalist.”

“Kellin doesn’t.” I point out.

“That’s because Jesse, the backing vocalist is doing the screaming. Let’s face it. You’re gonna be the first band. You’re the only vocal for the band and then once you find you a keyboardist and make a music video, there’s gonna be lots of record companies wanting to sign you.”