"You're welcome"

"So Tessa why did your friend leave again?" Matty says, thanks Matty.

"She was angry"

"Why?"

"You really want to know why?"

"I guess"

"Okay" I say sucking in a breath. "Her boyfriend cheated on her. With me... And it was a really shitty thing to do and I regret it everyday" I look down.

"Wow" Adam says.

"I was shitfaced drunk, and he kissed me and it just went further than that. That's the shittiest thing I've ever done"

"Thanks for sharing your life story" Matty says sarcastically.

"You're welcome" I fake a smile.

"That was a shitty thing to do" Matty says.

"So was that, and I know babe" I blow a kiss at him.

"You have a lot of drama for someone young" Adam says, I nod. I have a baby face to be honest.

"It sucks, but I guess it keeps things interesting. Makes you stronger" I explain.

"So you think you're strong" Matty asks.

"Stronger" I smile. Not knowing if it were fake or not.

"You can just drop me here, it's pretty close to my apartment" I say slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"You don't want to have another drink or two" Matty offers.

"Fine, but you're paying, and we're not talking about my mistakes anymore" I offer.

"Deal"

We get out the limo at a hotel I suspect they're staying at, Matty leads me straight to the bar, the rest of them disappear to God knows where. I'm probably just a pain to them, and Matty.

"You don't have friends do you?" Matty asks, that actually hurts cause it's true.

"I did, how can you tell exactly?" I say ordering a margarita.

"You're willing to put up with my bullshit" he chuckles.

Matty's chuckle is the best and worst thing I've ever heard, mocking yet soothing, he's like a rollercoaster.

"So you're new music, is it basically you reflecting on how things have changed?" I ask.

"Yeah" he answers with a dead end.

"Why don't you like talking about you?" I ask, very curious for once.

"Cause this isn't about me, it's about you" he says ordering a shot of tequila.

"And what is this?" I ask the question I've been dying to know.

"We'll just have to see, friends, maybe more" he says making my heart hop a little.

"But what's the point, you're just going to leave" I sound super self conscious, and it's super true.

"Well I'm not leaving just yet, and who knows, maybe you could come when we do" he smirks.

"Our convocations are  so serious" I say downing the last of my drink. Ordering a mojito.

"Maybe we need to loosen up a little" he says putting his hand over mine

'Don't be a loser' Lucy's text reminds me.

"Maybe so, but another drink should cure that"

"Happiness doesn't live in a bottle" he says pulling on my heart strings.

"I'm going to sit over there" I mumble looking at a little couch in the corner of the lobby.

He follows promptly. "You're lonely" he states bluntly.

"Aren't we all?" I say swirling my wine in its glass.

"You want to know why I brought you backstage?" He raises an eyebrow, curiosity burning through me.

"Cause I'm searching, for something that will truly make me just that bit happier" he sighs.

"You're just as bad as me" I giggle a little.

"Oh god no" he laughs, a beautiful laugh which lights up my heart and brings happiness to my life again, shame I'm not a funny person.

"Let's go on an adventure" I say placing my glass down and calling a cab.

"It's one in the morning" Matty says.

"And that makes it all the better" I smile, who needs friends when you have a car and a destination.

"fine but it better be good" he smiles.

We get in a cab to my apartment and jump in my car, "your car is adorable"  he teases.

"shut up I can't park" I laugh ad drive to our destination.