"Strange"

Sadly I had to stay awake for the drive to give Matty directions, but I just drowned my sorrows in music.

Matty parks the car at his hotel, I get out and head to the driver side, "do you want to come up?" Matty offers, I think for a minute then shrug.

"Sure" I smile and carry the remaining beers into the hotel, Matty leads us to the elevator and pushes the button for the top floor.

"The view is amazing from your room, it generally intrigues me" I say admiring his view.

I walk out to the small balcony he has, Matty joins me and lights a cigarette, her offers me one but I decline.

"I've always wanted an apartment with a balcony" I say standing upwind from Matty.

"So why didn't you get one" he shrugs, I smile and look at the railing.

"You really want to know?" I say pursing my lips together.

"Sure" he mummers, puffing out smoke.

"My parents thought I'd jump. I assured them I'd never do such a thing, but they don't trust me" I say tapping my fingers on the railing. He doesn't reply, I look at him expecting a judgemental look in his eye, but I'm surprised when he just genuinely smiles at me.

"Wanna just chill and watch shitty tv shows?" Matty says putting his cigarette out in one of the potted plants on the balcony.

"Only if we watch Daria" I say and sit on Matty's giant double bed, he joins me and opens the Apple TV on the tv.

"AirPlay then?" I suggest, he just shrugs.

"I told you the only thing I'm good at is music" he chuckles and opens another beer.

"Can I use your laptop then?" I smile and he just shrugs, I look at all the demos and tracks he has on his laptop.

"You can listen if you want, our new albums on there" he offers, I just shake my head.

"I want to listen when the albums actually out" I say and find the episodes of Daria online.

"Have it your way" he shrugs and leans back on his bed frame.

We sit and watch Daria for a good hour when George comes in, "there you are mate" George says and smiles at me.

I smile in greeting at George, "yeah we went on a road trip" Matty says bluntly.

"Well can I join?" George says and walks over.

"Sure man" Matty says and shoves over, George sits on the other side of me.

"Nice shirt" he teases, I laugh a little.

"Thanks" I smile and adjust my top slightly.

"Were having a whole buffet dinner tonight if you want to join" George offers.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm actually busy tonight" I smile and check the time.

"Are you bullshitting me Tess?" George asks.

"Nope" I say popping the p, "I'm going to dinner with my friends parents, he wouldn't handle being by himself" I laugh a little.

"And I'm going too" Matty says with a supporting smile, he's in for a bit of a shock.

We walk up to the front door of the Josh's parents house, Josh opens the door and quickly leads us upstairs.

"I'm freaking the fuck out man!" Josh says in a whisper.

"I think it's time you bring out the emergency weed Joshy" I laugh and pat his shoulder.

We sit up in his room and pass the joint he rolled, around between the three of us. "I feel bad now" I say sticking my bottom lip out.