"They say"

Tessa's pov

I'm dying. My foot, is betraying me. "Thanks for being so supportive guys" I groan and grip onto my foot.

"That's fine" George chuckles.

I wait a good five minutes until the cramp in my foot disappears, I walk around a little, trying to ignore the discomfort in my foot.

I flop down on the outdoor sofa and pray that I don't get sunburnt, Matty comes up and lifts my legs up, sitting at the end of the couch with my legs resting over him.

"You okay?" He asks concern in his voice, no my foot still hurts.

"Yeah I'm alright I guess" I say throwing my arm over my face, mainly to shield it from the sun, but partly Matty.

"You can tell me if you're not okay you know?" He says and rests his hands on my legs.

"I feel like I don't know you Matty, like the simple things" I say and sit up, facing him cross legged.

"Well what do you want to know?" He says with a soft smile.

"What's your favourite food?"

"Hot raisins"

"Like in a sticky toffee pudding?" I ask smiling.

"Yeah"

"I don't like raisins" I say, getting a look of horror from Matty.

"What's your least favourite food?" I ask.

"Ugh, mint chocolate" he says cringing slightly.

"I like mint chocolate" I say with a small laugh.

"Just brush your teeth then eat chocolate, you don't need to mix the flavours!" He says furrowing his eyebrows, he's so passionate. It's insanely hot.

"What do you think your responsibility as a human is?" I ask, this is the question that sends guys running.

"Take care of my family, promote equality amongst all of us" he says nodding slowly.

"So you're a humanist?" I ask, me too Matty, me too.

"Yeah, of course" he says with a shrug, "are you?" He asks, I'm so glad he actually knows how to answer that question.

"Of course, I don't have faith in a greater power, so I guess I've kinda put my faith in other people, it sucks. Still, there's hope I guess" I mumble most of it, "But anyway that's totally off topic but whatever" I say with a shrug.

"You're a bit of a ruler breaker then aren't you?" He says looking into my eyes.

"How?" I say shaking my head slightly.

"You're smart and pretty. They say that doesn't happen" he says with the softest smile, I just melted right then. I lay down and rest my head in his lap, smiling softly up at him.

"They say a lot of things that aren't true" I say just above a whisper. "They say you're no good for me" I say remembering Williams words.

"So you think I'm good for you?" He says twirling a piece of my damp hair around his finger.

"You get me, I kinda get you. I'm still figuring everything out" I say closing my eyes.

"I don't get you" he says, I open my eyes to be greeted by his cheeky smile.

"I don't get me either" I smile and meet his gaze.

"Guys we've got to hit the road" Jaime shouts from inside.

"I need a shower" I groan and sit up quickly, I'm not going anywhere smelling like a pool.

"Me too" he says with a cheeky smirk.

"What a coincidence" I smile and walk into the bathroom. Matty trailing behind me.

"I like cold showers when the sun is out" I say warning Matty.

"Ugh, can we turn the heat up a little" he groans as I turn the shower on cold.

"Nobody's forcing you to shower with me" I say rolling my eyes slightly at him. I quickly undress and slide into the shower, closing the door behind me.

Matty opens the door and sticks his arm in, "fuck that's cold" he says, I grab his arm and pull him into the shower.

"It's really cold" he says and pulls me into him, "you're warm" he says and holds me into his chest.

"Ew you're warm" I say pulling my hair out of my eyes and over my head.

"I'm done, you're mental" he says and rushes out of the shower, I couldn't help but laugh.

"I know" I coo and rinse off before hopping out the shower and wrapping a towel around me.

I sit on the bed and stare at my suitcase, "what on earth are you doing" Matty says waving his hand in front of my eyes, snapping me back to reality a little.

"Deciding what to wear" I say and flash him a little smile.

"Black on black" he says and throws on his black on black on black.

"I was thinking more the baby prostitute look" I say trying to remember what I even packed, a hell of a lot, that's what.

"Well that sounds great" he says laughing.

"Oh! Ohohoh!" I say and circle round the room I quickly pull out my phone.

"Did you get stung by a bee or something?" Matty chuckles.

"Even better" I say and pull a baby pink faux fur coat out of my bag, considering its meant to rain today, I'm so wearing this.

"That's amazing" he says as I throw it on the bed, along with my black jeans with ripped knees, and a white floaty tank top.

"It's hot outside you know?" He warms, I shrug and get changed into it.

"There's air conditioning on the bus thing" I shrug and head outside. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and carry my bag out to the bus thingy.

"I like your coat" George says as I walk through the kitchen.

"Thanks" I laugh and throw my bag onto the bed and head back to the kitchen full of pop stars.

"It's summer, right?" Ross says as he sees my coat.

"Yes, yes it is. But in this very strange far away country it rains in summer. It sucks" I say and grab the keys from the table and proceed to lock up.

We hit the road and I make sure to give Lia and Dom a call.

"Hey girl how's it going?" Lia says happily through the phone.

"Good good, how have you been?" I ask and sit on the big couch at the back of the bus next to Matty.

"Great thanks! How did you enjoy your stay?" She says cheerily through the phone.

"Oh it was lovely! Everyone enjoyed themselves, it was great" I smile.

"Oh good good, who did you say you were staying there with again?"

"Oh a band, you know the 1975?"

"Tessa you legend, I love them" I hear Dom.

"Do you want me to chuck you on speaker then?" I say looking over at Matty.

"Yeah sure? If you can?" Dom says sceptically.

"Guys, Dom who owns the place wants to talk to you guys" I say.

"Oh shit, what did we do wrong?" George says generally confused. I just laugh.

"He loves your music" I say and put my phone on speaker.

The guys chit chat with Dom and I discover the fridge, there was a fridge, the entire time. I sigh and put my apples in the fridge. Cold apples are better. I find a vase to put my flowers in then return to the circular sofa at the back of the bus.