"More than meets the eye"

"Fuck Tess" Ross says when I stand up out of my cart, ew I'm bleeding.

"I can't look it at" I say and keep my head up.

"Did you crash?" Adam asks.

"No it just kind of happened" I say, whoops I'm an asshole, "sorry I'm kinda freaking out a little bit" I say, psh like that's an excuse.

"It's fine, we'll get it sorted out" Adam smiles and we wait in the line for the ski lift thing.

"I don't want you guys wasting your day" I say and rub my eyes, still hella tired.

Matty and I get in the last lift, with Adam alone in between us, I felt bad for him, it's my fault he's alone right now, even if it's just five minutes.

"Tess are you alright?" Matty asks kicking his legs a little bit as we dangle over the tracks.

"Just tired" I smile and lean against his shoulder. "Is everything alright with you?" I ask.

"Everything is perfect" he smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder, I look out over the view of town.

"Is that the sea?" Matty says looking out over the horizon.

"It's a giant lake" I say with a small smile, it makes me feel smart being the tour guide.

"You like science right?" Matty asks, why are there so many out of the blue questions today?

"Yeah I guess" I say and catch a glimpse of my knee, ew.

"Can you tell me why I'm so into you?" Smooooooth Matty.

"Smooth" I giggle a little.

"Is there a science behind it?" He asks, I shrug.

"I don't really know. Probably" I say with a shrug. I rest my head on Matty's shoulder, he pulls me into his chest, his arm wrapping around me.

"Say something is Spanish" he says with a little smirk.

"Una rana fea" I say in as much of a sexy way I can.

"Ohhh. What does that mean" he says with a smile.

"An ugly frog" I whisper in his ear, he chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"Ah, you hate me" he chuckles.

"You know I don't"

"You're very hard to read Tess" he says, funnily enough with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Then just ask me" I mumble.

"So how do you feel then?" I guess I was asking for this, but I don't know how to answer. I know how I feel but it's hard to say, it's hard for me. "You can be honest, I don't mind" he says, honesty.

"I'm so into you" I say looking up at Matty.

"I know" he coos, causing me to chuckle.

"But" I say being realistic here.

"Of course" he murmurs.

"I can't. It's just not a smart thing for either of us" I say, he pulls me closer into him, he still feels so far away.

"For the sake of us" he says kissing my forehead,  "I think you're right" he says, me immediately regretting my words.