"Shelter you forever"

I wake up to the painful buzzing of the smoke alarm and a series of swears flowing from the kitchen.

"I tried" Matty says as I tip toe into the kitchen.

"Wow" I say looking at the most burnt piece of toast I've ever seen, I give it a poke and watch as it almost crumbles to ashes.

"I'm such a disappointment" he says, oh god I gave off the wrong vibe.

"No, no you're not. I'm really quite impressed. For one, nobody I know can burn toast that badly, and two you made us toast" I smile, the four burnt slices of toast sitting on a plate, looking sad, it's so pretty.

"Well I made you a cup of tea, that I can do without fucking up" he says, yay, and he put the right amount of sugars in it too.

"Let's just make some pancakes" maybe I'll have to be the head chef though.

"Matty, the flours going to go everywhere" I warn him as he refuses to tip it slowly into the bowl.

"I've got this" he says. Sure enough, a cloud of flour fluffs up around the bowl, and all over Matty's face.

"Get it of me" he says with his eyes clenched shut.

I delicately brush all the flour from his face, "I'd hate to say I told you so.." I mumble, cracking an egg with one hand into the bowl.

"Damn! Do that again!" He says, I giggle and hand him and egg.

"I'll teach you" I say, he nods a lot, he reminds me of a five year old.

"Oh my" he says copying my action, yeah, he can kind of do this. He just has egg all over his hand now.

Then it's time to flip the first pancake, which Matty claims to be an expert at. He quickly flicks the pancake in the air, I watch as it flies up to the ceiling, and sticks there. Oh.

"Whoops, sorry" he says, but I'm honestly just so amazed how he managed to do that.

"That's actually quite impressive" I nod, just as there's a key turn in my door. I should probably put a top on, or maybe even a bra would be a good start. But for anyone who has my house key, it's not needed.

"Gigi look" I say and point the the pancake on the ceiling.

"Damn, that's impressive" she nods and sits down on the couch, after putting a record on.

"Thank you, it's a true skill" Matty says, I don't know how I intend on getting that down, maybe it will fall?

"I think it's falling" Matty says, sure enough, we both watch as it falls to the ground, laying on the floor in a sad little pile.

"But Tess I need some help" Gigi calls from the lounge. I look over to Matty he nods and spins the spatula around a little.

"Chef Matty, has got this" he says and continues to pour the next pancake.

I give Gigi my uncensored opinion as always, she claims it really helps. She also asks where Josh is, I don't know either. I'll call him after work.

"Well bye love. I have to go. I'll catch you later though" Gigi smiles and hurries off with the clicking of her high heels echoing down the hall.

"What time do you start work today?" Matty asks, an impressive pile of pancakes on the plate in front of him. I have no doubt we will eat them all.

"Ugh. Twelve" I really shouldn't be complaining, but still.

"Ugh" Matty mimics me, drizzling maple syrup over the stack, I grab some frozen blueberries and put them along the side, cause normal blueberries are $10 for like twenty, like what do you mean?