"Too young to be this fucked up"

"You're just emotionally unstable" he says running a hand through his hair, the truth filling my ears and echoing in my head.

"I'm too young to be this fucked up" I say squeezing my knees into my chest, we sit in silence, but it's not silent in my head.

"All the best people are unstable" he smiles holding back a smile as he twists the Alice in Wonderland quote.

"So you're unstable then" I say holding back a giggle.

"We're all fucked up in our own way" he says nodding.

"I grew up over in that part of town" I say pointing over the harbour" I point over to a tall tower.

"In that tower?" He says following my finger. I shake my head.

"We lived in an amazing house, huge yard, beach close by, everything we needed." My smile drops a little.

"What happened?" He says noticing my expression.

"The market shot up, suddenly our house over tripled in worth. We sold our dream home. But for over a million who's complaining" I say bitting at the sides of my fingers.

"That's a good price though" Matty says, he pulls my hand from my teeth as he sees my nervousness.

"You can't put a price on dreams, or memories, or family" I say picking at my nails.

"So where's your family now" he says holding my hands tighter to stop my mutilation of my nails.

"They moved to the country, when I was sixteen. But I refused to go, so they agreed to help pay for an apartment. I'm so privileged and I feel like some depressed girl on tumblr who actually has the world at her feet" I sigh, I know about the worlds problems, and I can't believe I have problems.

"We all have problems. Remember the titanic, that chick had everything but she was depressed" he says, of course he knows I've seen the titanic.

"Well her family was struggling financially, and she had an abusive soon to be husband who she didn't love" I point out.

"You don't have to dig further into yourself to find more problems" he laughs.

"And plus, I don't have a Leonardo DiCaprio to come save me" I laugh and stare over the streets of my city.

"You've got even better. You've got the magical Matty Healy" he chuckles and pulls me closer into him.

"I'm blessed" I laugh and shake my head.

"We should head back to your party" Matty chuckles and helps me back up to my feet.

"It's not mine, it's just an excuse for a party" I shrug. He rolls his eyes at me "sorry" I giggle. I'm a downer.

We stumble down the hill and find the path despite the darkness covering our eyes, and hearts.

We go back to the party and everyone's gone, I check my phone and read a bunch of texts.

'Lucy killed the party' - Gigi

'Ugh, everyone's gone. Lucy showed up and killed the music, and the vibe' - Josh

'Are you okay, where are you?' - Harry

'Hey me and Tom are wsted so we're in the sarpe roooooommm, love yiu thankies' - Luca

'Ew, not even at your own party? Pathetic' -Lucy

"Ugh" I say and walk back down to the house and sit in the living room with everyone else.

"There's two guys up in the spare room and I have no idea who they are" Ally laughs.

"That's Luca and Tom, they'll be gone in the morning" I smile.

"Damn, all the crystal head is gone" Matty says shaking the empty skull shaped bottle around.

"There was crystal head?!?" I pout, I can't believe I missed out on my favourite vodka.

"Yeah, went in seconds" Gigi laughs with a cheeky look on her face.

"I don't know who Brought it, but it wasn't us. We're too broke for that" William chuckles.

I look over at Matty who gives me a wink, "I owe you" I mouth and grab the bottle.

"I'm going to use this as a vase" I smile and spin the bottle around in my hands.

"It'd match your... aesthetic" Josh says nodding his head.

"You have a great eye" Matty says pointing at Josh.

I pour us both a glass of wine and sit back on the couch.

"Thanks man" Josh chuckles, you can tell he's semi-starstruck.

I walk over to the sound system and plug my phone into the aux cord.

'Ugh' is all I hear from all my friends complain apart from Josh.

"Put up with it bitches" I laugh and play my 'yay' playlist.

"I love this song!" Josh says winking at me, Josh knows my music taste so well, he's made me hundreds of playlists and I love him so much for it.

"Yeah, this gives off a much more positive vibe than you Tess" Matty teases, causing all my friends to join in his laughter.

"Tell that to Jaymes Young and Phoebe Ryan" I say poking my tongue out at him and joining him on the couch.