"You're the best"

We arrive at yet another hotel with yet another amazing view. Another bottle of wine, another back of cigarettes, another pattern.

Matty smiles as he sees me smoking in my underwear, "you look amazing" Matty says rushing round the room.

"What on earth are you doing?" I ask, he digs violently through his bag.

"Don't move" he says, and goes to leave the room.

"Remember what happened last time you told me that" I giggle, he frowns at me.

"I'm sorry about that" he averts his gaze to his fingernails.

"We've been over this" I roll my eyes with a giggle.

"Whatever, anyway stay there" he giggles to himself and it's the most adorable thing ever.

He comes back a few minutes later with a Polaroid camera, "are you pointing that at me?" I ask, he nods and I don't even bother to change my position or even facial expression. I'm too tired.

"That's my vibe" he laughs looking down at the Polaroid, I close my eyes and flick my cigarette out the window.

"That's awfully sad" I say taking the camera from his hands and taking a photo of him.

"Do you want me to sign it?" He asks teasingly.

"Well of course, after all you are in my favourite band" I smile, he grabs a sharpie and scribbles his signature on the bottom.

"Can you please sign mine, I'm your biggest fan" Matty squeaks like a tween girl, I giggle and quickly sign my name, continuing to flip it over and write a little message.

'To my biggest fan, much love from Tess x' I write and hand it back to him, that actually lifted my mood a bit.

I take a bottle of wine under my arm, heading out to the balcony, I hear the click of a Polaroid, but I've given up caring.

I sit on the concrete floor and start to drink my wine. Actually I think it's Matty's, but it's mine now. It's the same colour as my underwear so it's mine now.

I trace over the cracks on the ground with my fingertips, Matty sliding down the wall and sitting behind me.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing" I answer honestly.

He rests his head on my shoulder and plants a small kiss on my neck, I smile at the concrete as his arms wrap around me, I lean into him and close my eyes.

"Why you sad?" He asks.

"I'm not sad"

"You look sad"

"Looks can be deceiving" I say and stand up to my feet, Matty quickly stands and swoops under me, picking me up by my waist and slinging me over his shoulder with ease. I giggle and look over at his smiling face. It's better than his frowning face.

"You're addictive" Matty purrs into my neck as he drops me down onto the bed in front of him.

"And you're just an addict" I giggle up at him, poking the top of his nose.

"No denying that" he pokes his tongue out at me.

"I'm that cheese that you binge eat when nobody is around" I hold back a smile.