Part 1- Prologue and Recap

If you can read "Business Contract" before reading this book, it'll be a good way to get to know the characters beforehand as this is a continuation to the series. But you really don't have to because I will include any things you need to know beforehand (such as this chapter). Constructive criticism is appreciated! Thank you and I hope you like Book 3 in the Bliss Series. It does contain spoilers, but you can look at them as a fortune teller to when you read the business contract! I hope you love it as much as I loved writing it! ♥️

Follow me @veronicasoli for updates and information!
➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿

Recap from BC/ First Time Reader Summary: Eleanor's Destruction
(The last chapter from the previous book, bascically everything you'll probably need to know from previous books. I'll add in the necessary scenes as flashbacks in other chapter! :) This book can stand alone. Just know- Adam and Eleanor loved- love each other..... even if at times it isn't visible.)

~ 🌹~

"Adam."

My voice was a croak, a frog caught in my throat. He didn't say anything as I turned on my side to face him. He was wearing a shirt and gray sweatpants, his body turned away from me. The distance between us was unbearable and all I wanted to do was reach over and touch him.

"Adam," I was desperate for answers, tears threatened to leave my eyes. He turned slowly, he had a darkened look, bags under his eyes that aged his handsome features. His eyes appeared puffy as he stood up and stood beside the light switch. The tension gripped at my heart as his eyes refused to meet mine.

"Eleanor, I'm sorry." He began, but I shook my head in confusion. I wanted answers, but I wasn't willing to accept them. I wanted to be told the truth, but lies were so beautiful.

"Why?" I asked, my voice nothing more than a gasp. I lay staring at him, knowing what he was about to say may be the thing that kills me. He took a deep breath and approached me cautiously, as though I were a stray dog that might attack at any minute. My heart was pounding. Pounding and racing so damn fast that it might have burst. I took a deep breath as he kept a safe distance between us.

"My. . ." he took a deep, calming breath as I watched his shoulders suddenly slump, "father's had a hand in my life, even in jail it seems." He took another nervous breath, "he came here tonight to have me sign an annulment. He said that your family has already paid off the debt they owed to us and you didn't need to be involved with me or my family anymore, but Eleanor, I love you and. . ."

My eyes widened, that wasn't the news I had been expecting. In a way I was relieved, but shock instantly took over followed by confusion. I looked at Adam, his face was pained as he continued to speak.

"I overheard your call with the hospital earlier. . ." the frog in my throat sank to the deepest pit of my small intestines, "the truth is. . . Mr. Carnegie, my father, erased your medical records." Adam was walking on eggshells and he knew it, "He... said that Vladimir hadn't repaid him for their deal, whatever that had been, and he didn't deserve a child." It stung, it was too much at once. Tears flowed from my eyes, but I was speechless. I wanted to scream at him, to hit him even. But I couldn't move, I was more frozen than those people who fell off the Titanic. They'd used me. All of them, like I was a toy that could be thrown away rather than a human being.

Who gave one man the right to control everyone's lives!?

Adam took a deep breath, now speaking slowly in the dim light, avoiding my eyes at all costs. I felt my heart sink, so it was true, I had been pregnant. It wasn't just some hallucination. I had been lied to and then told that I was insane.