Chapter 10: Signs

Eleanor laughed inwardly, she'd been the bug planted in the ear of her villians. Not that Adam was her villain or anything, but she'd figured out a way to sneak into his home unsuspected.

She could try to find out what evidence he had and destroy it, then run away again. That was a pretty easy plan considering she'd done it twice already. But she didn't destory evidence, she created it and left messes. She couldn't hide her tracks even if she wanted to.

She shook her head as her reflection smirked in the bathroom mirror. The chandelier-like lights illuminated the bathroom with a languid peace that made her want to reach for Adam's shirt collar and kiss him. It made her feel sensual.

She'd just showered and the smudged makeup had gone down the drain. Her green contacts were the type that would dissolve eventually, but she didn't want to run that risk, she quickly took them out and washed them in solution. All her decisions she made needed to be calculated precisely to make sure nobody discovered her facade.

Eleanor was home, she felt a strange comfort in knowing that this is where she belonged. The vanilla scent of the bathroom was enough to make her woozy and the soft carpet of the guest room made her want to nap on it. The beige walls and the clean sheets looked and smelled delectable, Eleanor wanted to stay.

It felt good to let her blonde locks free after the night she had, her head was becoming quite itchy and she, unsurprisingly, had redness around the spot of the tight wig. She stretched her long, tanned legs and lay on the bed, taking in the full effect of being back in Adam Carnegie's home. She grabbed the fluffy white bathrobe that Mrs. Carnegie had handed her, she was such a sweet lady when she didn't know that Elena was Eleanor. The warmth engulfed her as she dried the water from her body.

She silently walked out of the guestroom of her old home, it felt weird being in this huge room when Adam's was so nearby. She crept out and made sure the door was locked so she could sleep freely tonight.

"Elena," a voice scratched at the door along with a light tap. She groaned, wanting so badly to be free of her costume. She hurriedly put the contacts in and tossed the wig over her head. It was dry. Crap, she quickly took it off and tied her semi long blonde hair up- it was wet so it looked brown, perhaps red. She drew freckles on her face and put the black eyeliner on messily.

"Yes?" She asked, opening the door, wrapping the bathrobe tighter.

"Yes, I apologize dear, get dressed quickly and meet me in the west wing. I'd like you to join us for some tea, perhaps get to know my son." Mrs. Carnegie winked and left. Eleanor was hilariously confused, was Mrs. Carnegie trying to set her up with an engaged man? Or did this woman know? Eleanor was skeptical and paranoid of everyone and everything. She wasn't sure who to trust or if they knew it was her.

"West wing?" She asked. She didn't realize her home was actually bigger than she had expected.

"Yes, head down the hallway and to the left, turn right and go down the second set of stairs, once there, you'll be on the second floor and if you turn right my son's room should be a few doors down. Walk past that and head down the stairs and you'll find another flight of stairs that lead to the main living room, turn right from there and go into the smaller living room, you'll know it's the smaller one because it has a soft brown couch and the kitchen is right across from it- and it's messier because Adam hasn't let a maid there for about a year now! He hasn't even changed his bedsheets, this disgusting boy needs a girl like Eleanor to set him straight- or at least he should let go of her memory and... well... anyway, I'll see you downstairs in a few minutes dear." Eleanor didn't think she could remember any of that, but more importantly, she hated the resentment that Mrs. Carnegie held toward her. Of course she'd be resentful, you broke her son.