April Fools! Chapter 22 or Something

DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER.
It was written a year ago as an April fools Joke and therefore has nothing to do with the actual plot and might mess you up with what's going on. Once again, don't read this chapter. You've been warned :)

"Adam, I'm begging you to please just let me go. I won't bother you! I should've stayed in Oklahoma. Hell, I should've actually died."

"Don't say that Eleanor."

"Please just leave me be- let me be Ally. Please Eleanor is dead. Please Adam, I'm begging you."

"Do you know. . ." Adam pulled away from her, putting a distance between them. She raised an eyebrow, a frog in her throat and a marathon in her heart. "How it felt for me to have you torn out of my life like that? I was destroyed Eleanor! I couldn't eat or sleep for months, while you what? Enjoyed your new life, not caring about how any of this affected me or those that love you?" Adam's voice sounded choked, an angry tear ran down his eyes which he wiped with the sleeve of his dress shirt.

"Adam, I did a very bad thing. I. . ."

"You killed my father." Adam confirmed, " And to prevent going to jail, you faked your death so it couldn't be traced back to you. Clever Eleanor. But did you think about the consequences that you inflicted on everyone around you. Sure, my father might not have been the greatest guy, but he took care of us- he,"Adam began but Eleanor cut him off.

Her voice was low and quiet, it was a whimper as she looked at her lap, "he killed my baby Adam. He took you from me. He saw us happy and he wanted to end it. He was trying to take over my family's law firm. He locked me up with a stranger for days just to force us to hurt each other. He had terrible intentions. He was not a good guy Adam." Eleanor stared at him, her eyes cold.

"He was my father!"

"He was a sad, old man that wanted everyone's lives to be as pathetic as his!" Eleanor shouted back.

It was silent for a few minutes, neither of them speaking until Eleanor reached for the contacts in her eyes and took them out. Her blue eyes stared into his brown ones.

"Was it worth it?" Adam finally asked.

Eleanor laughed.

"Out of all the questions you could have asked."

"Was it worth it?" He repeated.

"No. Adam. No! What do you want me to say? I love you, I've always loved you. The entire time I went through with it, I knew I couldn't turn back. It was too late. And I couldn't stay away. I should have planted myself in Oklahoma and just stayed there. It killed me when Magdalene threw your ring away- it kills me that you're with her. But please keep this between us Adam. I can't have anyone else know."

"That you were willing to throw your life away for revenge." Adam said.

"No! I. . ." She could no longer think of anything.

"Adam," she scooter closer and wrapped her fingers around the collar of his shirt, "I love you. I. . ." But before she could get another word out, his lips were hungrily on hers, devouring and reaching for whatever he could get. He knew he should have been angry at her, he knew he should have respected her wishes, and most importantly he knew better than to cheat on his fiancé. But was he technically cheating on Eleanor instead because she was his wife?

Her fingers moved to unbutton his shirt, he smiled against her lips and helped her. There was too much space between them and he impulsively wanted to close it up. He wanted things to go back to how they were.

"Adam," Eleanor murmured, pulling away quickly as they both heaved. "I can't." She declared. "I'm Allison now and I've already blown two covers."

"Then be Eleanor, come back and live with me. Come back and we can pretend none of this ever happened- that that entire year never happened."

"Adam- you know that's not possible. Besides you're marrying Magdalene in a few days. "

"I can end things with her Eleanor. Eleanor I only have eyes for one girl and she's sitting right in front of me."

In that instant, Eleanor had made up her mind. She knew what she could say to him to make him stop his train of thought. "I killed your father Adam. I faked my death just so I could be selfish and do it. I forced..."

"It doesn't matter Eleanor. I forgive you, I love you, I can cover for you." He muttered, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles.

"What will people think?"

"Does it matter? We can say it was a publicity stunt."

"And when I actually die..."

"That won't happen on my watch."

"Adam stop." Eleanor was shaking.

"We can't do that. We have established two separate lives and as much as I want things to go back to the way they were, we both know it's basically impossible."

"Eleanor..." he was desperate and she was selfish.

"I'm sorry Adam. I hope this was what you wanted to hear. Now you can go back to your new normal life and forget I ever existed."

"Eleanor-" he called but she had rushed out of the limousine in tears at her own words. He rushed out behind her, running to catch up. "I let you walk out before and I didn't follow you- I'm never doing that again. I promise to love you for as long as I live and I promise..." he got down on one knee as Stephanie Cooper and her coworkers looked out the windows.

"No, no, no Adam. You'll destroy your reputation if you do this."

"Maybe you can take a lesson about not caring about your reputation. There will always be people that dislike what you do regardless of if you're feeding a whole country." Adam declared.

"Please Adam- I'm begging you." Eleanor's teary eyes began full on flooding as her nose also decided to turn into a waterfall. Her entire face was covered with different types of fluids.

"Do you remember the fortune teller from the island a year and two months ago? He said we would go through problems but we would come out strong in the end. We would have two kids and we would live happily together. Eleanor I want that."

"I also recall my brother passing away shortly after. That's what happens when the world works against us- people die."

"You can't do this alone Eleanor." Adam begged, standing up to hover over her, his scent corrupted her nose and she wanted to contain it forever.

"Watch me." It hurt- but it had to be done. "Adam, stop looking for me. Stop loving me. Stop just please go on with your life as if I were actually dead." She said hardly and Adam stood confused.

"Is there someone else? Is it Josiah?" Anger filled his handsome features and Eleanor placed a hand on a stubble-covered cheek.

"No Adam. You're the man who taught me the definition of love- you're the only one over ever loved and will probably ever love. But please let me go on with my charade- nobody besides you was looking for me. You've found me. You've confronted me. Isn't that enough?"

"Tell me you don't love me and I will never seek to find you again. Tell me you don't love me Eleanor." His jaw clenched and the beautiful muscle appeared. Eleanor leaned forward on her toes and propped her self up. She kissed the strained muscle of his strong jaw and met his eyes.

"I don't love you anymore."

"Bullshit." Adam said, a fiery anger in his eyes as he turned around and called for Max. He looked hurt and pained and confused. Eleanor glanced at him and sighed, her entire face was covered in tears and mucus as she watched the limousine drive away.

Happy endings didn't exist for Eleanor. They never have.

*this is not the end of the book. Also, APRIL FOOLS and happy Easter. This chapter was a total joke- you can disregard the last 8 minutes you spent reading that because it's irrelevant. Lol played ya! Lol 😂