Chapter 36: Have your Way

Merry Christmas everyone!

Bus stops and rainy days, raindrops on umbrellas, stormy clouds and thunderstorms, all a few of Eleanor's favorite things.

She was afraid they'd come after her without her anklet, but they didn't seem to care. It remained in her home and she went about her day. A criminal on the loose with a heart of brass. She stopped by a clothing shop, a quaint little store and entered inside with riches galore.

She smiled at the shopkeeper.

"Hello," She said.

The woman frowned at her with a dent in her hood. She smiled and stared but couldn't figure out, that dear old Eleanor was making her pout. She shut her eyes and refused to wonder how rich the woman was that just entered.

"Would you like some eggnog." The old woman said, Eleanor simply looked at her with dread.

"No thank you miss, I'll be on my way." Eleanor said as she stared at Santa's sleigh. His crooked hat made her angry as she approached the decor and made herself handy. She grabbed the toys and decided to leave.

"Wait you didn't pay."

"Witch please."

Eleanor left and went to a toy store. She dropped off the toys and...

———please excuse my attempt at trying to make that sound like a Christmas story——————————

THE ACTUAL CHAPTER STARTS BELOW THE LINE!!! This chapter is kind of random/ crazy. Please watch your hormones. EXTREMELY MATURE PLEASE SKIP IF IT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE. Also, 2 updates in one day because I haven't updated in forever! Miss you guys!
___________________________________________________

It was back to square one. The rain was pouring and people were rushing inside to hide from it. It had been a couple weeks without her anklet and nobody came looking for her just yet.

She entered her apartment and shut the door. The same blandness of the day enveloping her. A few moments later, a soft knock sounded. She got up to open it.

Eli?" She called. He turned around quickly, he looked nervous. She wondered why he'd randomly shown up at her door after almost a month.

"Hey Eleanor," he grinned. She was kind of worried. Had he found out about her? Did he know she was a criminal? Should she have been more cautious when opening the door?

"Hey! What brings you here?" She asked as he turned around and began walking toward her. He was tall and smelled really satisfying. She smiled at him kindly, her face at his shoulder, even in her three-inch heels.

"I was going to ask you for a favor, but I think it's stupid so I was just aborting mission." He laughed as she smiled.

"No, don't say that, what did you want to ask?" She inquired. He licked his lips, placing his hand in his pocket nervously.

"Can I come in?" He asked as she stepped aside for him to enter. He was too embarrassed to ask in the hallway. She'd left the TV channel running with the news playing in the background. Although she tried to avoid it, she was watching Adams latest endeavor with a woman named Kyla. She wasn't remotely pretty, but she had the same nose as Eleanor. Perhaps that's why Adam was playing with her for a while. He'd become a total playboy at the The ripe age of 28, and she wanted to take the credit for it.

"Come on in. Do you want some water? I have tea also!" She exclaimed as he took a seat on one of her couches. It was soft and he found comfort in it.