Chapter 46: Adam's Demise

Warning: violence

It all seemed too good to be true. The happiness was always so fleeting, the drama extraordinary in the aspects of its strength. Eleanor was feeling remiscient and happy for once.

It was as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She felt free and happy. Happy. So damn happy. She watched Adam park his car in front of a large abandoned building. It was beside a beautifully vacant ocean, giving Eleanor impure ideas. She listened to the waves from the distance, Adam's scent engulfing her.

He turned to smile at her, unknowing that it might just be the last time he could.

"I'll be back in thirty minutes tops." He said, a warm smile on his handsome face. His stubble had grown and left a beautiful shadow. Eleanor reached for his hand. Kissing it, her electric blue eyes meeting his brown ones as they stupidly smiled at each other.

This is love, the security and the lust, the nerves and the jitters, the feeling of being wanted and protected and payed attention to. She didn't want him to leave.

He cleared his throat, planted a kiss to her lips, and left the car. She watched his figure depart and enter the large abandoned factory. It looked like it had been a toilet production company or something along those lines. It was a large building with rusty metal all around, she wondered if it was even safe to enter.

She patiently sat and waited. Thirty minutes tops. It was five in the afternoon, the sun would set soon, she wondered why Laci wanted to meet him here and what was so urgent. Instead she sat and waited. At five-thirty, she'd go in there to see where the love of her life was.

***

"Laci, hey?" Adam approached, entering the dark building. There were only two small windows present.

"Up here Adam!" Laci shouted. He looked up and saw that she was waiting by a chair on the second floor. He wondered if it was even safe up there.

"What did you need?" He asked.

"Come up here and I'll tell you." She smiled, he saw a flicker in her eyes as his mind began to race. He wondered what she wanted, but couldn't help the feelings of discomfort that arose inside him almost immediately. He wasn't sure if the glint in her eyes didn't come with malicious intent.

He climbed up the rusty metal ladder that led to the second floor, the place looked like an abandoned barn. It smelled like one too.

"Have a seat please." Laci gestured to the sole chair in the whole building.

"Laci, can you just tell me what's going on. What do you want?"

"Sit Adam." Magdalene came out of nowhere. She approached him and pushed him into the seat, of which the sides cuffed around his wrists almost instantly. "Glad to know the chair works."

"What the hell??" Adam questioned, staring at the two women.

"Oh Adam, always playing the victim." Magdalene said. "Well no more. Listen bub, my plan has been foiled No thanks to the stupid blonde girl."

He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Eleanor." Laci added as Adam sat there confused.

"So here's the deal," Magdalene shot Adam a sharp look. "I will let you go if you sign this form."

Adams eyes scanned the paper that Magdalene had seemed to pull out of thin air. He raised his brows this time.

"I'm not signing that Mags." He said, almost amused.