Chapter 8: Punishment

Hey all! Modernlump created a beautiful trailer for Eleanor's Demise! I'm not sure how to put it on Wattpad but if you know how, please comment or message me. She said she used iMovie. :) that is all enjoy this chapter!

~💍~

Josiah was heartbroken. He had thought Bree- Eleanor- whatever her name was- trusted him enough to wait. He thought she wouldn't pull a stunt like this. But all he had left of her was a small note spelling out three obnoxious letters.

I.O.U.

She'd stolen money from him and scurried away, not caring who she trampled on in the process. He was planning on keeping her secret no matter what, in fact he believed he was actually starting to fall in love with her. In love with a married woman- how insane was he to think he could compete with the owner of Carnegie Hall. Adam Carnegie was stunning, powerful, perfect in every aspect and everyone could see that Josiah didn't compare.

He felt used, insulted actually, but mostly hurt as he sat in the hotel room sulking away.

A sudden sound pulled him out of his phase as the door knob moved. It was as though someone was trying to break their way in. He stood up, walking toward the peephole and looked through. There stood a man wearing a detective hat, his eyes downcast as he knocked this time.

"Open up, room service." The man said.

Josiah looked around, maybe he'd gotten in trouble somehow. But wouldn't someone tell him that he'd been arrested, not say it was room service. Josiah contemplated for a few more minutes as the knocking grew louder, more abundant, and exceptionally annoying,

He pulled the door open just as the man outside was about to land a hand on the door again, but before he could stop himself, landed it straight on Josiah's face.

"I'm so sorry bro," Zac said, stifling a laugh and rubbing his fist.

"Who the hell are you?" Josiah glared, rubbing his injured temple. "Did you have to knock that hard?!" He groaned, knowing there would be a bruise there tomorrow. Zac was one of the finest detectives in the world, he knew how to play the part he needed to get the information he needed. No wonder Adam had hired him, and he wasn't about to soil his reputation now.

"Room service," he held up a dust pan and stepped inside the messy room. A feminine scent filled his nose, "you're into that stuff man?" He asked, swishing the air in front of him with his hand.

"No man, my girlfriend is out right now," Zac smirked, realizing he had found the correct hotel room before tossing the dust pan aside and crossing his arms over his chest. "She'll be back..."

"Interesting." Zac pondered, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. He glanced at Josiah's concerned eyes and the red spot he'd left on his forehead, "Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not actually room service." Zac laughed.

"I never could have guessed! Woah!" Josiah smirked sarcastically, "and this whole time I thought the dustpan automatically meant you were gonna clean this entire room...What the hell do you want? Get out of my room." Zac flinched, annoyed at the sarcasm as he clenched his fists, then unclenched them to let out a breath.

"The thing is, my girlfriend, needs a place to stay, she's about to give birth soon and I have no cash." Zac smiles.

"What the hell man! It's a hotel! Birth downstairs or something. Why are you even on this floor?" Josiah was quickly unwrapping any of Zac's hideous ideas and Zac was quickly getting annoyed.

"Look, can I just... " he took a deep breath, knowing how easy this would be if he went about it the right way. "You called the police earlier reporting a Bree Walker missing correct?"